Mios32 With Xcode 3

baptistou

Hi all!

I'm not sure if I should have put this post under the topic for XCode, but as I haven't found anything for MIOS32 yet maybe it's a good idea to start a new topic.

Well, here's my question:

I just got my STM32 core, soldered it, made it run and checked with MIOS Studio 9 on my Mac OS X Leopard MacBook. So the first step is done. Now I'm having trouble building apps through XCode. I did it for MIOS8 projects and it worked fine, but I don't really know if it's all the same for MIOS32 or if I need to get some other libs for the STM32, how to tell the compiler about that and everything. I'm a bit dumb with scripts, makefile and compilers. In the Wiki the application development page seems only be for the MIOS8, where could I find a step by step tutorial for the MIOS32?

Another small question: is there a simple way to download the code for examples? I can only see the files one by one, copy them and save them in a text file with that WebSVN. Can't we just clic and save them? or even better get an archive with all of them?

Thanks for everything

Baptistou

Another small question: is there a simple way to download the code for examples? I can only see the files one by one, copy them and save them in a text file with that WebSVN. Can't we just clic and save them? or even better get an archive with all of them?

Hello.

In order to download/synchronize/upload (called checkout/update/commit) the source code you need a subversion client. Either a command line tool (from tigris I guess) or a GUI tool (Cannot point one to you as I am not a Mac user). Everybody has read access. To be able to commit you need write access.

All you have to do is to direct your client to the svn URL and checkout the repository.

mios svn URLs are:

svn://svnmios.midibox.org/mios

svn://svnmios.midibox.org/mios32

Hope it helps.

Edit: I think this can help you http://theappleblog.com/2008/04/28/using-subversion-with-xcode-30/

Edited by Kyo

I gave you access to the hidden programmers board, where you will find a lot of additional infos and discussions around MIOS32 and STM32... so far I remember, somebody also uses XCode for development (but if you are asking me: I still prefer typing "make" in the terminal)

Informations about the toolchain installation can be found under trunk/doc/MEMO

Best Regards, Thorsten.