First run MB6582 panels yellowing

Davo

I pulled out my still-incomplete MB6582 to see what parts I still need to get. I was a bit startled to see that what was previously white silkscreening is now yellowish. Has anyone noticed this? Also... are .375 standoffs acceptable substitutes for the 10mm standoffs specified?

Yellowing is strange... not even my original prototype PCBs have that, and they're much older.

The pads on the first run of PCBs might be a little tarnished (they aren't gold like the second run from SmashTV) but they should be OK. If you're concerned, use a bit of extra flux before soldering.

Yellowing is strange... not even my original prototype PCBs have that, and they're much older.

The pads on the first run of PCBs might be a little tarnished (they aren't gold like the second run from SmashTV) but they should be OK. If you're concerned, use a bit of extra flux before soldering.

Whoops! I forgot to say that it's the aluminum front panel that has yellowing silkscreen. It doesn't bother me too much except that it no longer looks good with the knobs I have, which are stark white Waldorfs that are still stark white.