SammichSID uploading MIOS problem

grizz

Hi all,

I finished my SammichSID a few days back, did all the necessary voltage checks, and turned it on. What happened though was unexpected. Basically the PIC is sending an upload request over and over again. I tried to upload MIOS studio on the PIC, and I keep getting an "unexpected upload request" message. I've been working with Wilba on this, but I thought it would be prudent to post as well. Has anyone had any experience with this problem? We think it is a bad PIC chip, but I thought maybe others have experienced this problem... FYI: when I power on the SammichSID the LCD simply shows the line of blocks across it.

Thanks!

I'd say if you're working on this with Wilba you're in good hands ;)

Since Wilba knows all the possible errors/problems/causes how about you tell us what you and Wilba have already tested, before we start the entire troubleshooting progress again?

I don't think you need to see the torrent of emails I got from him :D

It's fixed now, but I'm still not sure what happened, it was as if the PIC only had the bootloader and not MIOS installed, but I burn both into every PIC, and validate it too. Then he had trouble with his MIDI interface and couldn't upload MIOS even though MIDI In and Out were tested and worked fine (i.e. shorting Rx/Tx gave good loopback).