Few questions about midibox plus 8

Avarges-RU

I make midibox plus 8 on the PIC16F877. Firmware midibox_plus_v1910_8pots_bb. No display, no need for it in the future. I would like to know, midimerger default on or off? Also, as I understood, i can configure the buttons and pots in a virtual midi box, and then send this config into contoroller.

Question 1. If midimerger turned off by default - how to turn it on without a display? (Type two times "left", once "menu" or something)

Question 2. If configuration is sent into controller - how to make sure that it is saved there and not have to send again at the next power on?

Thanks

I make midibox plus 8 on the PIC16F877. Firmware midibox_plus_v1910_8pots_bb. No display, no need for it in the future. I would like to know, midimerger default on or off? Also, as I understood, i can configure the buttons and pots in a virtual midi box, and then send this config into contoroller.

Question 1. If midimerger turned off by default - how to turn it on without a display? (Type two times "left", once "menu" or something)

Question 2. If configuration is sent into controller - how to make sure that it is saved there and not have to send again at the next power on?

Thanks

As far as I can tell, the 16F877 is not supported by MIOS, and I was not able to find a project called "midibox plus 8" anywhere on the site.

You'll find lots of interesting info at the MIOS FAQ page, including why we don't use the 16F chips anymore.

Then check out WHAT_IS_A_MIDIBOX to get a better idea of what we are made of.

You can check out some of our Projects.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

I believe that the MIDIbox Plus was one of the first projects that TK created and pre-dates MIOS! it was created in the late 90's!!! http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_plus.html has some information but as LyleHaze has said, you may be lucky to get any support for such an old design.

All of the current projects use either 16bit PICs (PIC18f452 and compatible) or the newer 32bit STM32!

Thanks

Phil

I was building a MBplus 16 3 years ago. It's cheap and simple.

And you want a display. at least during the act of building for troubleshooting.

You can remove it afterwards.

Don't be silly. leave it on or leave it off. - or use a display

No idea. it should work if everything's set up properly.

932993_5f71153bc5_s.jpeg