PIC 16F877 - ICPROG - JDM Trouble

Guest virtual

Guest virtual

Hi!

I used the JDM to program my PIC16F877 with correct voltages and verify during programming on. It seems to be all fine, but after programming I read back all of the data, and only the eprom table was correct. The program code fails, only the last row was correct. I try it on other computers too with the same problem.

Any idea for this problem?

(sry abut my english  :P)

Hi, and welcome to the midibox community!!

Problems like these have been addressed many times on other threads, so you might find some information elsewhere on the forum. Apart from that, have you followed Thorsten's 'how to program' advice carefully?

good luck, from Steve ;)

Guest virtual

Yes, I followed it. And I read trougth the forum, but I found not too much. My JDM programmer works, but if I read back the data then in the program code table is different. It programmed just the last in every the row, the others in the row are 3FFF. Only the eeprom data goes trugh correct.  :-/   Maybe wrong oscillator/fuses/ID Value? Watchdog, power up timer bourn out reset and flash program memory write enable need I to program the PIC?  ???

Tell us which hex file you are trying to program, and copy the text that comes up in the windows of ic prog, and paste it here, and tell us what all the configuration settings in the ic prog window are (or just put up a screenshot, if you can).

I may not be able to help you, but anyone who can help will probably ask you for this information anyway....

have a look at these posts, if you want (or just wait for proper help)

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=troubleshooting;action=display;num=1040106004;start=2#2

http://ucapps.digitaljunk.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=troubleshooting;action=display;num=1042977205;start=2#2

http://ucapps.digitaljunk.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=troubleshooting;action=display;num=1040106004;start=10#10

http://ucapps.digitaljunk.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=troubleshooting;action=display;num=1056027618;start=1#1

also, make sure you have enabled the win2000 driver if you are using win2000...

Hey guys, I'm back with an update on my JDM.  Upon Thorsten's instance that it would be unlikely that the transistor had burnt out, I waited until I had an oppertunity to use my programmer on a different machine before I tore it apart.  So I finally tore myself away from campus this weekend and went home where I could re-test it.  My results are as follows:  IT STILL WORKS!!!

Conclusions:  I know that the configuration settings in IC-Prog on my machine at school are still set up correctly as I had checked them on several occasions so I'm guessing that either I am forgetting a step on my computer or I somehow damaged my serial port on my motherboard with the latter being highly unlikely.

I am running Win2K on my machine at school.  I have the 2000 driver installed for IC-Prog and it has worked in the past.  Tips, tricks, or advise would be appreciated, otherwise I will just do all of my programming from home as this semester is almost finished with anyway.    

Well, thanks for the input guys.  I am sure that I'll be back here before too long.

Shawn

Guest virtual

Thanks Stewen_C

It was tested on 3 computer, but all of them are at home. Tomorrow I will go to my friend, and try at there.

[bR]

PIC 16F877A

IC-Prog 1.05 settings:

• process priority realtime
    enable VCC control for jdm
    verify during programming-on
    Programmer:JDM Programmer
    Ports:COM2
    I/O Delay 4
    Iterface Direct I/O

I try I/O Delay 1-4-9-10-20-30-40 too with API and Direct I/O, and under win98 and XP (with the win2000driver installed).

Oscillator:HS

CP : Off

Fuses: WFT,PWRT,BODEN,WRT -> ON   (Config word: 3F76h

ID Value : FFFF

[bR]

If I begin to PROGRAM ALL the DEVICE SUCCESSFULLY VERIFIED! (with verify during programming)

After that, I READ ALL, and the Program Code was different. Some samples (midi merger hex):  :o

Original

0000: 118A 120A 289C 3FFF 00FF 0E03 0183 00FE

0008: 0804 00FD 190B 2815 1A8C 2841 087D 0084

0010: 0E7E 0083 0EFF 0E7F 0009 1820 2822 1A05

After programming:

0000: 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 00FE

0008: 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 0084

0010: 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 1A05

I have try to program Admir edrum firmware 0.62 too (go.to/edrum) with the same result. The eprom was correct, the program code not. :P

If Verify during programming and Verify after programming is on, the programming will be done, and after that the verify will display a warning, that 0000 fails.

If I program a code like this:

0000: 1111 1111 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF

The result:

0000: 3FFF 1111 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF 3FFF

The last non null value will be programmed, others not.

Huhh... Any idea? :-[

Does it work better when you burn the code without "verify during programming"? I've heard that this flag doesn't work properly with a PIC16F877A (maybe due to an IC-Prog bug...)

Another reason could be that you have to reconfigure your COM port for a lower baud rate (don't ask why, a user reported that IC-Prog was working after this change)

Best Regards, Thorsten.