Help needed with assembly to complete Midibox64E

woozle

I've had my midibox nearly 100% complete for around 6 months now. There are two issues that are holding me back from finishing and using it.

1) I designed my controller to use all 64 buttons for sending MIDI. Unfortunately the first 8 buttons are menu buttons. I cannot figure out how to disable these in the assembly files or otherwise.

2) I have tried both of the hex files in the Midibox64E .zip file; one allows me to use encoders but not pots, the other allows me to use pots but not encoders. Once again, I cannot figure out what assembly flags to set to get the midibox working properly.

If someone with more experience than I would explain what I need to do I would be most grateful. A .hex file would be even better. I am ready to use this thing, please help me complete it!

post-6474-127138773442_thumb.jpg

ok in the mb64e folder you have got this file called setup_midibox64e.asm open that and you need to assign your encoders to the relative din pins in this part of the file.

MIOS_ENC_PIN_TABLE

;; encoders 1-16

;; SR Pin Mode

ENC_ENTRY 9, 0, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 1

ENC_ENTRY 9, 2, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 2

ENC_ENTRY 9, 4, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 3

ENC_ENTRY 9, 6, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 4

thats not the complete list but a few lines to show you the section, you need to work out what encoders are going to what pins. remember that an encoder takes 2 pins

so if you have encoders on the second sr (shift register) then you do this.

MIOS_ENC_PIN_TABLE

;; encoders 1-16

;; SR Pin Mode

ENC_ENTRY 2, 0, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 1

ENC_ENTRY 2, 2, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 2

ENC_ENTRY 2, 4, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 3

ENC_ENTRY 2, 6, MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED ; V-Pot 4

you can see the sr has changed from 9 to 2, this is because your using the 2nd sr, the first sr is being used for the menu buttons.

with the pots make sure you have the right amount set in the ain section as here.

#define DEFAULT_NUMBER_AIN 64 <--- this is the default, if you only have 8 pots then set this to 8 and the mux below to 0

#define DEFAULT_ENABLE_AIN_MUX 1

however if you have more than 8 and are using an ainx board then the mux needs to be 1 and any unused pins grounded, however to get round this you can set the ain to the number of pots/faders being used.

the menu buttons what i did was move the exec, right, left and snapshot to pins 0-3, i then took the datawheel line out. this gave me 4 more buttons and i still had my menu buttons.

remember once you have edited this you then need to recompile the files down then upload them to your mb64e.

thorsten will be able to help you in removing the menu buttons to what you want better than i can as i still wanted my menu system on my control unit.

there may be a morph setting that allows the menu to be bypassed in use and gives you the 8 buttons, i am not sure.

i hope this helps in the meantime.

• 7 months later...