Pactec PT10s for sale.

julianf

Ive been meaning to put this post up for ages, but keep not getting arround to it -

As ive mentioned in threads before, i buy the pactec pt-10 cases by the box load for x0xb0x builds.

To be honest, im not that impressed with the quality of these cases - every crate i buy has a number of cases in it that i dont consider of the standard that i want to use for x0xb0x builds.

Some may have rubbed together in transit, but others sometimes have things like tooling marks UNDER the shrink wrap that pactec applies - ie they left the factory like that!

I buy the cases almost direct, so im guessing all the other retailers [RS etc.] of the cases have the same stock but just sell them all the same?

Anyway, like i say, i split off the perfect cases, and use them for x0xb0x builds, and have a load of 'graded' cases left over.

Ive just looked up the price at RS, and here are the details -

GBP 23.40 each, plus

GBP 10.00 US stock charge, plus

GBP 5.85 17.5% UK VAT

This means that the total price is £39.25 on a 1-off order!

( http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2508440591 )

...so, to the point in question -

I have a load of 'graded' cases. If you order from RS, im guessing you may get a perfect case, but im guessing you may also get one in identical condition to the ones im selling.

The main difference is that RS will charge you £39.25 (delivered in the uk)

And ill charge you £24.00 (ex delivery, transaction costs)

As always with me, packing is free, postage is at cost price only (i think uk recorded delivery on one of these is about GBP 4), and, if you pay by bank transfer in GBP or Euro there are no credit card charges at all : )

In short, a uk buyer would save themselves over 25% - i dont know how the sums would work out for EU buyers, but im not even sure as RS ships to the mainland?

I shall post some photos up tomorrow to show you the typical reasons why ive graded these cases - but, again, i honestly dont think theres any guarantee that you would get better from RS anyhow (like i say, sometimes the marks are under pactec's shrink wrap!), but, what i do know, is that if you buy from RS youll end up paying £39.25 on a 1-off regardless!

Thanks to my partner, i now have some photos -

She (Rachel) has taken pictures of the worst of the flaws on two of the fronts and two of the backs. Most if not all others are better than the four pictured, they may have a minor flaw to the front and/or back, or possibly one only noticeably on one side. Indeed somtimes the flaws are only noticible in some lights.

If i were only using these cases for myself, i would not be so botherd, but, as i build x0xb0x units for other people, i have to be much more fussy.

The cases are all sorted now and part wrapped, so im afraid there are not photographs of each individual one, however, the ones in the photos below should be the worst of the lot - Indeed, ive put aside the one with nasty scratches to the top and this wont be sold at all.

Rachel will probably be handling these sales, so if you want a case, PM me, and ill give you her mail details.

Thanks, Julian

pactec1.jpg

pactec2.jpg

pactec3.jpg

pactec4.jpg

pactec5.jpg

Edited by julianf

Thanks to my partner, i now have some photos

SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP by nILS

Yes please.

Maybe you still have my address etc? I would like to buy one.

Roope Seppälä

edit by nILS: Pleeeease don't quote huge posts with millions of pics.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

its not the best, but i think thats just the way it is. like i say, i dont think they save all the marked ones, and mix them in with my order - i think thats just the way they opperate.

some of the marks are caused in packing, but, as i mention, some are under the factory applied shrink wrap.

i suspect that most of these cases find their way into industrial control apparatus, where noones bothered by a mark or two. musical instrument production is, i would have thought, a much more cosmetically demanding application than the cases are produced for.

but, yes, they should be better. ultimatly, i probably have a "take it or leave it" situation though - and i choose to take it, and offer the marked cases at about 2/3 the cost of anyone else.

to me, that seems my best option : /