De soldering yacs etc

taximan

I have just found this stuff and will be ordering some for myself shortly to test it.

http://store.curiousinventor.com/top-sellers/chip-quikr-surface-mount-desoldering-kit.html

It seems like a great solution to de soldering smd's.

This is not an aff link.

(Mods,I wasn't sure whether to put this in here as smd de soldering seems to be a problem or in to the tips and tricks sec tion,please alter as you see fit).

cheers

Paul

Thanks for reminding me that this stuff exists. I've seen a video some years ago but never bought that stuff. As there's obviously no way of buying ChipQuik in Europe, I've searched the net and read on the mikrocontroller.net wiki that ChipQuik is probably similar to the so-called Roses Metal. This stuff can be bought (in large bars) from TMP-Loettechnik in Germany - there you can get a 100g piece for a similar price like the ChipQuik starter set. I have ordered this stuff and will post my results after trying it out :)

S

BTW I'm moving this thread over to Tips & Tricks as it is also relevant for GM5 etc. and maybe won't get lost on the tenth page of the forum so quickly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...