direction of diodes???

Guest muuutsch

Guest muuutsch

hi guys... i´m working on my mf-module at the moment, and i´m absolutely unsure about how to handle the diodes.   :'(

the schematics show all diodes on one half of the platine in the same direction, but the photo looks as if they were put against each other in pairs...

...neeeeeed help...

thxxx

Guest muuutsch

hmmm...are u sure? well, is the quickview-jpg wrong then? or am i just too stupid... ???

by the way, what happens if i solder them (or at least some of them) in the wrong direction? will the module just not work then or...  :o

i´m getting somewhat depressed cause i don´t really understand whats going on on the circuit boards...just soldering relating on photos...

if theres anyone to document the circuits a bit more, i´ll....hmmm....send him the best applepie he/she has ever eaten...

You will fry the diodes if you solder them in the wrong direction, so please mount them with care! The schematic http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_mf.pdf is correct, but it shows the circuit in a simplified way to improve the oversight (for technicans). By following the tracks you will notice that all these connections can also be found at the PCB. And the photo just helps to assure the direction of the diodes - it's the simplest and most secure way.

Best Regards, Thorsten.