Fatman Plus panels

Davo

After staring at my currently-nonfunctional Paia Fatman, I've decided to put it in a new chassis. C0nsumer's Fatman Plus with PT-10 chassis design appears to be the cleanest. It's also about as complicated of a spaghetti job that I'm willing to approach. Anyhow, I think I've almost worked out C0nsumer's design into a Front Panel Designer file. Is anyone else interested in a set of panels?

Whats wrong with yours?

I fixed two of these things and managed to add too many mods to mine. Right now if I enable too many of the mods it starts clicking 'to the beat'. My smart friend says its the PS resetting because I am asking for too much juice. I just checked out the FatMan Plus. The case looks nice and all but I have too many extras to fit in there. I would say just use the panel that comes with the case and drill those holes out and use the sticker method. It’s not like any of the pots are connected to the PCB.

Good luck.

(you seen this one?)

Lief

Whats wrong with yours?

I fixed two of these things and managed to add too many mods to mine. Right now if I enable too many of the mods it starts clicking 'to the beat'. My smart friend says its the PS resetting because I am asking for too much juice. I just checked out the FatMan Plus. The case looks nice and all but I have too many extras to fit in there. I would say just use the panel that comes with the case and drill those holes out and use the sticker method. It’s not like any of the pots are connected to the PCB.

Good luck.

(you seen this one?)

Lief

That one by Wayne Jones is what I mean by spaghetti job. Scroll down and look at the innards of that thing. I'd rather build a normalized ASM2 into a rackmount case. I started on the path with drilling out holes from the official panel and using the sticker method. I couldn't resist running the flying wires to headers I bolted onto the edge of the board. It worked fine, then I started tinkering again and something broke.

Davo