sammichSID test for quiet 8580

sealion

I have a happening sammichSID running with presets downloaded and all buttons running, but it does not seem to be stereo. the rca headphones have sound only on one channel. I have swaped the chips with just one chip, the sound does show up in either channel depending on socket. I'm thinking this means a dead chip? Bought from a reliable supplier. Or is there anything eelse to check?

Second question I assume the three lower buttons are assignable, how do i do that?

Third question what combos does shift work with?

The lack of a sammichSID user manual (or even a two pager cheat sheet/pdf has me a bit baffled as much of what i read seems to be for Midibox but not sammichSID.

I deleted the other (identical) thread.

If one of your SIDs works in both sockets and the other doesn't work in either one - one of them is dead. If your seller is reliable he'll probably replace the broken one - unless you broke it :ahappy:

Shift-combos/Documentation: the sammichSID is a regular MIDIbox SID v2, so the MIDIbox SID v2 user manual is what you're looking for.

. Or is there anything eelse to check?

You´re aware of the fact that only one of the jacks on the backside of the Sammich is an output jack while the other one is an audio Input?

It´s not a left mono output and a right mono output. That means you need a stereo 2 two mono plugs to get stereo sound.

:-) just in case you missed that.