AOUT_NG with +/-15V?

sebiiksbcs

Hey, didn't know where to post this one so I am doing it in Design Concepts.

I'll be building an analog semi-modular synth, and I want to include a Midibox CV into the synth case.

The Midibox CV is using an AOUT_NG. The synth's PSU will give me +5V and +/-15V. I see that in the Midibox CV design, the +/- voltage seems to be only needed for the TL074's, and they as per datasheet can accept up to +/-18V or so.

So could I power the AOUT_NG with +5V and +/-15V, or would there be any sideeffects, like the CV voltages become unproportional or something similar? Or should I make the extra effort and use 7812 / 7912 ICs to get +/-12V just for the AOUT_NG module?

I hope my description is not too vage!

that's a semi-FAQ - short answer: As long as you're only using the NG in unipolar mode, everything is fine. in bipolar mode, the offest voltage will change without some modification. is one answer, although a bit outdated since I should probably document all this on the NG page when I find the time to update the official docu.

S