4midiloop emu project with Midibox

Rics

Hi to all!

I'm not new to the midibox project, i've already done a midibox64 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sh1IQz2Ivo, then after this one i've tought in the last two years to do a complete dedicated traktor controller but a lot of other tasks kept out me from the realization while i ever did schemes and layout prototypes in the meantime without building it.

By the way, going ahead with my idea!

In these last days was announced a new controller for NI Traktor, the 4midiloop. It is really cool, well builded, top components etc, it was conceived with in mind the total control of four decks, four fx, and all the deck loop, cue, etc controls without too many shift functions or layers. I really like this concept and is very near, if not the same of mine not developed in these years.

Seems that the quality build cost something, in fact the price is set to 1300€, personally too much for a controller, obviously they've invested on it and someone that is afraid to build himself controllers perhaps is tempted to buy it. Not me, a "brave" DIY player! :tongue:

So, if you've read the 4midiloop specs you can see that the components are:

47 Pots

9 Encoder

Rubber knobs for best tactile feeling

152 Led's

166 Push buttons

5 Faders

USB bus powering Power supply via USB- Bus / consumption less than 300mA

USB interface class compliant / no driver necessary

1- I'll start with the usb bus powering, from what i know with midiboxHUI projects can't be used the new core32, i had to stick with the core8, then if core32 can be used i didn't saw a documentation for the core32 linking. Can you confirm me the use of core8?

2-For the 47 pots + 5 faders is quite simple, a core with 2 AIN Modules.

3-The 9 encoders + the 166 push buttons requires a total of 184 digital inputs, considering the first core were the 2 AIN are connected i've 64 digital inputs available with 2 DIN modules, so another core, linked to the first one, is necessary for the remaining 120 digital inputs. If i don't get wrong, i can use a core with midibox64 (for pots, faders and first 64 buttons/encoders) and a 2nd linked core with midio128 for the remaining 120 buttons/encoders. A confirm of this chain is really the focus for this project.

4-The Led's are consequential to the digital inputs, so no problem about Led's if all the digital inputs for buttons&encoders can be obtained with before explained 2 linked cores system.

5-(I'll update this point about knobs, case and panels after the project idea phase have success!)

Resuming, here are the components:

2 Pic based Cores (which one PIC for my needs?) or 2 STMcore32 (if possible to use them with midiboxHUI projects and if they're linkable linke the Pic based one)

2 AIN modules

6 DIN modules (2 on the first midibox64 core, 4 on the second midio128 core)

6 DOUT modules (2 on the first midibox64 core, 4 on the second midio128 core)

The last thing, but perhaps the more cool, is the idea to put all in a single pcb board to ensure a better fit for the case, this require a lot of effort in the pcb design but i'm not afraid of this, i did pcb design in my school so i've a bit of experience, but as ever, advices on this are really appreciated. I know that if i use all the separated modules i can dubug it easily than a "monster pcb", but you know, that's the cost to pay for a custom choice.

I don't use schematic and pcb software since some years, i'm trying Eagle and after some test i've found that isn't difficult to use it.

The things that i miss that might be useful are the schematics, in the ucapps website i find, for every project, the .brd pcb files but not the .sch schematics files. These files can speed up the single big pcb board design process.

Well, after this long intro i wait your thought and advices before starting this project that i'll use for my university design thesys.

Thank you all for the support and sorry for my school learned english!

Rics

(Later i'll add a flowchart of the system to be more clear if the description isn't)

Edited by Rics

Hi Rics,

short question before continuing the discussion about the best approach: do you have programming skills?

for 152 LEDs and 166 push buttons you could just re-use the BLM_SCALAR firmware (see http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fcontrollers%2Fblm_scalar%2F)

see also this special forum section for further informations:

http://midibox.org/forums/forum/43-midibox-blm/

adding software handlers for encoders and pots isn't a big task, this would just be a 1:1 integration of existing programming examples:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios8_c.html

using the LEDs in matrix configuration has another big advantage: it decreases the power consumption dramatically!

if you would drive LEDs with dedicated DOUT outputs, the MIDIbox will probably consume more than 1A and therefore cannot be powered via USB.

at the end only a single core8 module will be required.

another hint: if you have semi programming skills, I could also give you a similar BLM_SCALAR firmware for the MBHP_CORE_STM32 module - you only would have to adapt it for your own needs.

eagle schematics to the .brd files at ucapps.de don't exist, as i enter the netlist directly into the layout editor (thats really a FAQ)

best regards, thorsten.

Hi Rics,

short question before continuing the discussion about the best approach: do you have programming skills?

Hi Thorsten, well, i've not really a great experience in programming with C, but i'm into javascript and a bit of php related to html and css web development, so i think that with not so much i time i can get the "C way of coding".

for 152 LEDs and 166 push buttons you could just re-use the BLM_SCALAR firmware (see http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fcontrollers%2Fblm_scalar%2F)

see also this special forum section for further informations:

http://midibox.org/forums/forum/43-midibox-blm/

I'm going to read it!

adding software handlers for encoders and pots isn't a big task, this would just be a 1:1 integration of existing programming examples:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios8_c.html

Yes, i've just looked at these examples, but at the moment just to have an overview about C programming, that seems not so difficult. Later i'll look at them for my needs.

using the LEDs in matrix configuration has another big advantage: it decreases the power consumption dramatically!

if you would drive LEDs with dedicated DOUT outputs, the MIDIbox will probably consume more than 1A and therefore cannot be powered via USB.

Clear, i understand.

at the end only a single core8 module will be required.

Obviously I'll understand it better after a complete read of the above links! :geek:

another hint: if you have semi programming skills, I could also give you a similar BLM_SCALAR firmware for the MBHP_CORE_STM32 module - you only would have to adapt it for your own needs.

As said before i'm a bit optimistic about my skills, would be cool to use the STM32 core with usb support!

eagle schematics to the .brd files at ucapps.de don't exist, as i enter the netlist directly into the layout editor (thats really a FAQ)

I've just visited the FAQ page (yes, something that i've to do before all my questions! :blush: ) and yeah, after some years the quantity of informations has grew up exponentially! Cool!

Edited by Rics

I've read here and there about the Button Led Matrix and from the scheme i've saw that every led have a button associated.

What about when i need only the button without associated led, or i need only a series of 5 leds without associated buttons driven by software?

I mean, some buttons don't require a visual feedback with a led, and there's another part of the project where i need only a visual feedback with led's driven by traktors led output signals that will go on the DOUT.

As the BLM is a matrix of buttons with associated leds, is possible to have, in some cases, only led's without buttons and viceversa?

Edited by Rics

Thank you for the reply Thorsten!

Oh, and let me know about the scalar firmware for Core32 please, i'll be glad to check it out to learn it!

Here's a simple block diagram for my system idea:

Updated, just ckeck next posts for the diagram

Despite i've almost read all about the new BLM scalar modules and the new Core32 board, i've not so clear the connections between J8 and J9 (the digital in and out) with the J1 of the BLM module as i'm used to the old Core8 where DIN and DOUT have their respective modules for J8 and J9 jumpers in the core board.

With the BLM module i have the impression that DIN and DOUT modules are merged in a single board, the BLM one. But, sorry for the repeat, i can't get the J1 BLM jumper connection with the J8 and J9 jumpers from the Core module.

Hence i've the schematic idea done and "approved in a theory manner by the gurus" i'll be happy to start a blog about the building process!

Edited by Rics

Oh, and let me know about the scalar firmware for Core32 please, i'll be glad to check it out to learn it!

I will have to migrate it first, this will probably take one evening (together with testing it with the original hardware), therefore please don't expect an immediate solution.

However, there is no real blocking point, it will work on the Core32

If you want to get some more impressions about MIOS32 and C programming, work through the tutorial:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_c.html

The README.txt files are very verbose!

I will also give you access to the hidden programmers lounge where you will find more informations, e.g. about toolchain installation etc (stuff which isn't documented on my website yet...)

Here's a simple block diagram for my system idea:

There are some errors, e.g. instead of J5-DOUT write J8-DOUT

The AIN multiplexers have to be connected to J19

A BLM_SCALAR module cannot scan encoders, you will need dedicated DIN registers for this.

Despite i've almost read all about the new BLM scalar modules and the new Core32 board, i've not so clear the connections between J8 and J9 (the digital in and out) with the J1 of the BLM module as i'm used to the old Core8 where DIN and DOUT have their respective modules for J8 and J9 jumpers in the core board.

With the BLM module i have the impression that DIN and DOUT modules are merged in a single board, the BLM one. But, sorry for the repeat, i can't get the J1 BLM jumper connection with the J8 and J9 jumpers from the Core module.

When you compare the pin assignments (resp. signal names) between J8/9 of the MBHP_CORE and MBHP_CORE_STM32 module you will notice that they are identical.

There are no special/new DIN/DOUT modules for Core32 - if people want to connect separate DIN/DOUT chains, they will have to split the cable, or they have to use SmashTV's special DIN/DOUT module variants, which are available since years.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I will have to migrate it first, this will probably take one evening (together with testing it with the original hardware), therefore please don't expect an immediate solution.

However, there is no real blocking point, it will work on the Core32

Clear, i'll wait :)

If you want to get some more impressions about MIOS32 and C programming, work through the tutorial:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_c.html

The README.txt files are very verbose!

Yes, today i was looking at them, the examples are relly well commented. By the way i have to wait to receive the boards from smashtv as at the moment i've only the Core8. Perhaps as training i can start to work with it to test the C programming in the meantime that the Core32 will be shipped.

Obviously via the mios8 C page! :)

I will also give you access to the hidden programmers lounge where you will find more informations, e.g. about toolchain installation etc (stuff which isn't documented on my website yet...)

That would be cool! Thank You!

There are some errors, e.g. instead of J5-DOUT write J8-DOUT

The AIN multiplexers have to be connected to J19

Ops, just a copy and paste error.

But i've not clear why i have to use J19:

From the STM32 based core page on ucapps.de, for analog sources or AIN multiplexed modules, is wrote that i've to use J5a/b/c.

From the same page is reported that J19 is an analog out ideal for AOUT module (cv etc) or SID module.

Why i have to use J19 for the AIN multiplexers when is referred on that page to use the J5 jumper for them?

A BLM_SCALAR module cannot scan encoders, you will need dedicated DIN registers for this.

Ok, that's clear. So in add to the BLM connected to the J8/J9 i've to connect also a DIN module.

But where on the Core32 if i've already connected the J8-J9 to the BLM?

Can be done a BLM+DIN cascade?

From the Core32 page on ucapps, about J5 i've read "There are also some application which use this pin as digital in- or output (mostly described in README.txt file)." But i can't find this readme.txt file and i don't know if i can use these inputs of J5a/b/c for digital inputs if i have to use them for the 2 multiplexed AIN modules.

When you compare the pin assignments (resp. signal names) between J8/9 of the MBHP_CORE and MBHP_CORE_STM32 module you will notice that they are identical.

There are no special/new DIN/DOUT modules for Core32 - if people want to connect separate DIN/DOUT chains, they will have to split the cable, or they have to use SmashTV's special DIN/DOUT module variants, which are available since years.

Right, my fault, i've just checked the Core8 board and i've saw that both J8 and J9 have Only "SI" and "S0" separated and their corresponding pins are on the BLM J1. Connection clear!

Here's the updated diagram:

Updated, just ckeck next posts for the diagram

Edited by Rics

But i've not clear why i have to use J19:

From the STM32 based core page on ucapps.de, for analog sources or AIN multiplexed modules, is wrote that i've to use J5a/b/c.

From the same page is reported that J19 is an analog out ideal for AOUT module (cv etc) or SID module.

Why i have to use J19 for the AIN multiplexers when is referred on that page to use the J5 jumper for them?

you are right, I mixed this with a question from another guy who wanted to multiplex more than 64 pots - in such a case the AIN multiplexers have to be controlled from remaining free pins, and if no AOUT or SID module is used, J19 would be a suitable candidate.

But in your case it's ok to connect the multiplexer control lines to J15C as configured in this example:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Ftutorials%2F012_ain_muxed%2Fmios32_config.h

Ok, that's clear. So in add to the BLM connected to the J8/J9 i've to connect also a DIN module.

But where on the Core32 if i've already connected the J8-J9 to the BLM?

Can be done a BLM+DIN cascade?

Yes, because the BLM_SCALAR has a DIN and DOUT chain as well. Just connect the DIN module to the end of the BLM DIN chain (J2, the upper pin row with RC/SC/SI/Vd/Vs)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

you are right, I mixed this with a question from another guy who wanted to multiplex more than 64 pots - in such a case the AIN multiplexers have to be controlled from remaining free pins, and if no AOUT or SID module is used, J19 would be a suitable candidate.

Ok for J19, i've understood the example.

Last place to go, in case of more AIN needed, is J19.

But in your case it's ok to connect the multiplexer control lines to J15C as configured in this example:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Ftutorials%2F012_ain_muxed%2Fmios32_config.h

This time i'm pretty sure that you meant J5C! :tongue:

By the way i've saw the mios32_config.h and all seems clear, i've only a doubt about the J16 Pin Mapping:

have this one the same purpose of J6 (S0-SI-RC) analog interface in pic's core8? (referring to How to connect 64 pots with PIC based core).

Since from what i read in the STM32 Core docs, J16 is suitable for SD Cards and Ethernet modules, but at the same time J16 presents the S0-SI-RC connection pins. (RC1 + RC2 in STM32 core instead a single RC found on Pic's core J6).

/ The boot message which is print during startup and returned on a SysEx query

#define MIOS32_LCD_BOOT_MSG_LINE1 "Tutorial #012"

#define MIOS32_LCD_BOOT_MSG_LINE2 "(C) 2009 T.Klose"

// AIN configuration:

// bit mask to enable channels

//

// Pin mapping on MBHP_CORE_STM32 module:

//   15       14      13     12     11     10      9      8   

// J16.SO  J16.SI  J16.SC J16.RC J5C.A11 J5C.A10 J5C.A9 J5C.A8

//   7        6       5      4      3      2      1       0

// J5B.A7  J5B.A6  J5B.A5 J5B.A4 J5A.A3 J5A.A2 J5A.A1  J5A.A0

//

// Examples:

//   mask 0x000f will enable all J5A channels

//   mask 0x00f0 will enable all J5B channels

//   mask 0x0f00 will enable all J5C channels

//   mask 0x0fff will enable all J5A/B/C channels

// (all channels are disabled by default)

#define MIOS32_AIN_CHANNEL_MASK 0x00ff

If i get right seems more simple than i thought before.

Yes, because the BLM_SCALAR has a DIN and DOUT chain as well. Just connect the DIN module to the end of the BLM DIN chain (J2, the upper pin row with RC/SC/SI/Vd/Vs)

As you said before i imagine that it will be only a task of software adapting.

Ok, time to sleep, tomorrow i'll add a modified block diagram updated with all the today infos and tips!

Edited by Rics

Here's the last block diagram:

flowchart01.png

Ok, now seems that all the basic modules connections are right and quite clear. (The DIN module is connected to the last BLM module via his J2 jumper as adviced from Thorsten).

Now I think that the first project definition step is done.

I'll take a week stop as i'm busy with my last uni exam, after that i'll start to do a self training with C programming on Pic's Core8 in the meantime that Core32 board and the other components will come.

As ever, any hint or question is really appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

The MIOS32 variant of BLM_SCALAR firmware is ready for use:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fcontrollers%2Fblm_scalar%2F

It works exactly like the PIC based version, but provides USB in addition (for those who are interested ;)

For your usecase, just remove the code inside DIN_BLM_NotifyToggle() and APP_MIDI_NotifyPackage(), and add your own button/led handler

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you Thorsten!

Exactly yestarday i started to look into programming and i did first steps installing GPUTILS and SDCC.

For MIOS8 i've succesfully compiled and uploaded to the core the Skeleton template.

I've downloaded the MIOS SVN repository via terminal.

Then i've tried to do the same thing with MIOS32 SVN repository, download and then try to compile the skeleton, but i had this problem:

/mios32/trunk/mios32/mios32.mk:57: /mios32/trunk/mios32//mios32_family.mk: No such file or directory

Makefile:51: /mios32/trunk/modules/app_lcd//app_lcd.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `/mios32/trunk/modules/app_lcd//app_lcd.mk'.  Stop.

Dont know why this "//" double slashes. My .profile file is configured this way:

# mios

export MIOS_PATH=/mios/trunk

export MIOS_BIN_PATH=$MIOS_PATH/bin

# mios end

# mios32

export MIOS32_PATH=/mios32/trunk

export MIOS32_BIN_PATH=$MIOS32_PATH/bin

# mios32 end

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2010-10-07_at_12:23:46: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.

What can be?

PS:

I will check the new BLM scalar as soon as i'll have more confidence with all the "C System", thank you for the update!

Following variables have to be set in addition:

export MIOS32_FAMILY=STM32F10x

export MIOS32_PROCESSOR=STM32F103RE

export MIOS32_BOARD=MBHP_CORE_STM32

export MIOS32_LCD=clcd

Best Regards, Thorsten.
Thanks for the tip, i've added these lines and had this in output:

Creating object file for app.c

make: arm-none-eabi-gcc: No such file or directory

make: *** [project_build/app.o] Error 1

This is really out of my capacities, i can't totally imagine what can be... :(

Edited by Rics

Yeah, started 5 minutes ago to install these packs, i got now the first stm32 app compiled!

Cool, now that i've the "basement" ready i can start to do tests. :frantics:

Thank you as ever for your great support Thorsten!

Surely later i'll set a nice guide through a roadmap of my steps!

EDIT:

Blog started, here:

Edited by Rics

Just a small question, i've searched over the BLM forum about the in-out led/button signals without success, so i try to ask here.

Can i drive the Leds on the BLM module like i do when they're connected to the DOUT modules?

I mean, if i've a midi output signal from a software that is sent to the core module via midi, can a BLM Module single led receive this signal?

I've did a test yesterday connecting my old PIC based core with a DOUT module which had his first multiplexer with a single led connected, i set on traktor that when the first deck play button were pressed, a CC midi output signal was sent on the midi output.

My PIC Core received the signal and then it sent to the led via the DOUT module.

It worked flawlessy:

pressing with the mouse on play button started the track and powered on the led, then a repress of the play button stopped the track and switched off the led. Perfect.

Can you confirm that I can do the same with the BLM modules?

I remember that you said that the buttons and/or LEDs are indipendent, so i assume that they send and receive midi values also indipendently.

This is crucial for the project!

Edited by Rics

At least the MIOS32 implementation of the BLM_SCALAR driver provides equivalent functions:

extern s32 BLM_SCALAR_PinSet(u32 colour, u32 pin, u32 value);
extern s32 BLM_SCALAR_DOUT_PinGet(u32 colour, u32 pin);
extern s32 BLM_SCALAR_DOUT_SRSet(u32 colour, u32 sr, u8 value);
extern u8 BLM_SCALAR_DOUT_SRGet(u32 colour, u32 sr);
[/code] they don't exists for the MIOS8 variant as I was too lazy for doing this. However, you've direct access to the LED arrays:
[code]
extern unsigned char blm_scalar_row_red[5*8];
extern unsigned char blm_scalar_row_green[5*8];
which works much faster anyhow. let's assume the pin number is stored in a 16bit variable:

unsigned short pin;
pin = 0; // as an example)
[/code] then you can set a "green" LED with:
[code]
blm_scalar_row_green[pin >> 3] |= MIOS_HLP_GetBitORMask((unsigned char)pin));
and clear a "green" LED with:

blm_scalar_row_green[pin >> 3] &= MIOS_HLP_GetBitANDMask((unsigned char)pin));
[/code]

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, in these days i've checked more deeply the project, all is going fine, i've found almost all the componenents but only the BLM matrix is giving me some doubts.

Assuming the BLM MAP schematic and the BLM Module schematic:

BLM MAP

BLM Module

First:

I'm arrived to the conclusion that i'm fine with the classic single color leds.

I don't need duo led's.

I've reduced to a single macro the BLM MAP schematic in this way, original (using duo-led) and the hypothetical scheme when using the classic single led.

Duo Led

dlblm.jpg

Single Led

slblm.jpg

From the second scheme, the Single Led one, i think that a 74HC595 chip can be deleted.

So in a single leds configuration the BLM module will use two 74HC595 and one 74HC165.

Another doubt is about the diode placed before the pushbutton, which type? There's a component name?

Then when using more BLM Modules chained, from the BLM Map i see that the first column of every BLM Module is linked to the last module:

schermata20101027a21280t.png

(To "J4_5" I0 - To "J4_5" R0 - To "J4_5" G0)

I've not understood this passage, it is something only related to a connection between the BLM and a MIDIboxSEQ or is a basic setup needed to have the BLM working?

Edited by Rics

Yesterday evening, after posting this two schemes i tought that the first one, the so called "duo-led", at the end can be considered also as two leds items connected, not only two leds in a single package.

So i think that i can still remain with the same original BLM Map scheme, but instead of using a duo-led packaging i will use two separated leds!

I'll try to do a schematic with the number of components that i need.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost a month and so busy that haven't found yet time to do my custom "single led blm schematic".

I'm waiting the core32 module pcb that should arrive in these days, at least i expect that arrives in this next week, hopefully.

In the meantime the other componenents for the project are arrived, knobs, sliders, pots and all the rest needed for my project.

So yesterday i went to buy a veroboard with the intention to create a basic BLM module to do a "small test before the great build" and to learn something about the "C coded app" behind the BLM connected to a Pic Core that i already had from previous projects.

(Take in mind that i'll use the Core32 for this projects, i'm using now the Pic Core just to learn something and because the Core32 board isn't arrived at my home yet.)

Here's a shot:

mg3058.jpg

I've succesfully did a "make" in terminal for the blm_scalar app and then i've uploaded the .hex file to the Pic Core.

Without connecting it to any midi hardware or software app i've saw that the buttons behaviour, with their respective Single Leds, was like a toggle button:

-Press once to activate the led.

-Press once again to deactivate the led.

Ok, now i'll have to modify the BLM app and driver (For MIOS instead of MIOS32 in the meantime that the Core32 arrives to me) to have it working like a DIN+DOUT combo.

I went to this page from the MIOS8 C programming examples to understand something about the Leds control.

What i've read immediately was "We want to set/clear LEDs, which are connected to one or more DOUTX4 modules, with Note Events over MIDI Channel #1".

What i think is that i'm working over a BLM and not over a DOUT.

Isn't somewhere the same example of Led control with BLM modules like the one for DOUTX4?

I'll read the DOUTX4 example to see if i can understand something, but any hint would be appreciated!

Thanks and sorry if i wrote something confused or wrong!

PS:

I've just surfed over the Mios references (page) but haven't found nothing about BLM module functions.

Where i can find a BLM reference? Only by reading the blm docs in the svn?

Thanks! ;)

Edited by Rics

From the readme in SVN for BLM_SCALAR:

As long as no MIDI data has been received after startup, the BLM is in test mode. The buttons cycle the colour of the corresponding LED: - first button press: green colour - second button press: red colour - third button press: both colours - fourth button press: all LEDs off - period

Looks like you might have to do a little coding to get it to work how you want. (DIN_BLM_NotifyToggle looks like a good starting point)

:)

From the readme in SVN for BLM_SCALAR:

Looks like you might have to do a little coding to get it to work how you want. (DIN_BLM_NotifyToggle looks like a good starting point)

:)

Thank you for the tip!

But i don't know at which files i have to put my eyes, i know that i have into the trunk folder two folders, apps and modules.

In the apps i have, under controllers, the blm_scalar app, and into modules the blm_scalar driver.

Sincerely i don't know the first thing that i've to do, yes, i have to study about DIN_BLM_NotifyToggle, but where i get infos about it?

It's all in the readme.txt and in the comments of the files?

Who calls the DIN_BLM_NotifyToggle? Where it get datas?

Any tip is appreciated, in the meantime i'll do some searches into the programmers forum to understand more basics.

Edited by Rics