SVN with Read/ Write

robinfawell

I'm beginning to try out some code by modifying the srio example. I'm using the SVN Tortoise software. When I compile the various files show an error " ! ". I assume that this means that the system is warning me that there are changes. SVN is a read-only system!

Reading the Wiki SVN Client Set-up for Windows document shows that PuTTY can be used. Is this the method I should use?

Obviously I don't want to change any existing files, but is there a suitable section in the repository that I can use to try out my new code?

Alternatively is there another way which would be more suitable for a relative C novice like me ?

Robin

SVN is not read-only. If you're only toying with some apps, you DO NOT want to commit (= write back to the repository). The /!\ tells you that the file has been changed locally and is not in sync with the repository. That's okay. Don't worry about it. You do not need to upload your code to test/run it.

SVN is not read-only. If you're only toying with some apps, you DO NOT want to commit (= write back to the repository). The /!\ tells you that the file has been changed locally and is not in sync with the repository. That's okay. Don't worry about it. You do not need to upload your code to test/run it.

Edited by robinfawell