Is this possible to CV IN ?

juice721

Hello!

I wanted to know a thing about this sequencer before I'll build one :

I have got an analogue step sequencer with sliders instead of pot, and I just love that! I think that sequencing like this is very inspiring for me.

I've understood that I couldn't add any AIN module to the CORE in a SEQV4, so it will be not possible to add 16 sliders to a MIDIBoxSEQ V4.

But is it possible to get a CV IN in a MIDIBoxSEQ and convert CV into MIDI notes or CC's to record the sequences of my analogue sequencer??

Hi,

yes, this would be possible - I guess that for notes you need a gate input as well?

What is the shortest gate pulse which can be triggered by your analog sequencer?

And does your sequencer set the gate after CV has changed, or before? What is the estimated delay between these two changes?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK!

I realy don't know all the caracteristics of this sequencer. This is a simple DIY project called "SEKU" ( http://www.studiomanus.com/seku.htm ).

So you said it's possible! But what exactly is possible? Is it possible to add 16 sliders to the SEQ ? Or an AIN Module ? Or does a MIDIBox could do this job via MIDI ?

Thanx a lot for support! :)

So you said it's possible! But what exactly is possible?

I could implement the support for a CV In + gate input

This isn't available yet, but you asked if it is possible, and technically it is possible.

Is it possible to add 16 sliders to the SEQ ? Or an AIN Module ?

no (no free pins to control the MUX)

Or does a MIDIBox could do this job via MIDI ?

currently only http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=acsensorizer

But this MIDIbox can do much more than you've requested ;)

... maybe the cheapest solution would be to build a MIDISeq v2 ?

probably yes, but this application is quiet old and only supports ca. 20% of MBSEQ V3 features, and 5% of MBSEQ V4 features ;)

On the other hand: you could build a MBSEQ V2 and MBSEQ V4 and synchronize them via MIDI clock.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

TK I would also be interested in a CV record function. If this was combined with an AOUT things could get very interesting. I can imagine recording control voltages from a softpot for example could be lots of fun, especially if the CV could be quantised :) From what you were imagining, would it be possible to record the CV as both a CC type track and a note track (maybe not the right term but i hope you know what I mean!). I think both would be useful, but the second option would obviously require a gate in to the core32.

Also I imagine we would have to put some overvoltage etc protection on whatever pin was used as the CV in if we wanted to interface to modular synth CVs. I'm sure you know how to do such a thing, but if anyone is interested the sequencer schematic here has a good example of protecting a microprocessor from too high/negative voltages.

http://www.acoupel.com/sequencer/schemas/ACS%20Sequencer%20schema.pdf

(Im adding one of these to my modular, lots of fun as well!)

David

Hello!

Finaly, I' m agree with Monokinetic.

I think the best solution for me too is to add a CV/Gate IN to the core module, if ever, as TK said, it's possible!

So, I could build a MBSEQ v4 and then, when CV/Gate IN interface is up to work, add this!

I don't understand anything in programming so I hope someone could do this for us!

Cheers!