SID power supply sequence?

ODM

Greetings, I'm making my first posting here. I've been pondering the proper power supply sequencing for a SID chip.

In some regulator arrangements the 12V supply could come up before the 5V supply comes up, how's this arranged inside a C64 supply brick? Just a 12V linear reg followed by a 5V linear reg, or do they have separate transformer windings?

There's no hints in the datasheet of the chip; later datasheets tend to be more explicit about supply sequencing. I've only had the chance to study the usual circulation of old datasheets on the net, so I might have missed a more finished version of the MOS 6581 datasheet somewhere.

Is "it doesn't matter" a sufficient answer for you?

Thanks! Yes, it is. It was likely since there weren't much reports of SIDs toasted because of supplies. Seems the only problems people have had are outputs blown by accidental shorting.

They're growing scarce and I've recently acquired three (R2, R3 and R4), though they're untested. I figured it'd be best to err heavily on the side of caution in this case. :)

Edited by ODM