Looking for some help

technobreath

Hi!

In my hunt for SIDs I am trying to get a contact from in germany.

In short - most of the auctions regarding C64s on ebay.de ship only to germany - and also ebay.co.uk, they ship only to UK. I got myself some help from scotland. He was so kind to offer his address for me to use.

The marked for the C64C is a bit dry in the UK, so I decided to try my luck on the Deutchland version.

Is there someone out there willing to help me? I buy items (SID related stuff - either the whole package or just the chip if I get hold of it) off ebay.de and send it to you. Then you pull out the SID, pack it up nicely and secure and send it off to me. Whatever hardware is left you get to keep / throw away - whatever you like.

The way I saw this going was:

1. I buy an item and let you know it is comming.

2. I pay with my paypal, you are just my delivery address.

3. I pay you whatever fair amount we agree on for your part of the job and the shipping to me of course.

4. You pack it nicely and secure and send it off to me. If you can verify for me that the chip is in working condition it's a bonus.

5. If you ever need any help from me, be sure to ask. I love to help!

If anyone feel they can help me with this, please PM me.

Best regards,

Ingebret

Ok, Norway isn't known for shipping troubles, or is it?

Anyway, i will help you. I did this once with a finnish midiboxer, and it went quite well.

I can also test your SIDs. (though 6581s would mean some soldering, since in my SID there are 8580s)

PM me, if you found something!

I have already bought 2 6581s from toadstool here in midibox forum. I have also bought one c64c from a norwegian auction. I don't know how it is with shipping from german sellers to norway, but the ones I have tried in UK won't ship directly to me... I guess they are unshure of how it works. The main thing to remember when shipping to norway wich is not in EU, is that you write a correct custom declaration form with documentation on whats in the package and the value. Normally I would ask to write the value to under NoK 200 so that I don't have to worrie about paying VAT 25% when importing, but as a couple of SIDs has higher value indeed, I need the package to be insured for a reasonable amount since they are so hard to come by.

As for the types of SID, I'm aiming at 8580s - these are the ones I want in the first place, but I feel I gotta take what I get since they are pretty hard to get. In fact I only lack one 8580, and I will have four sids in total - and I'll settle with that :)

Thank you for your help. I'll PM you when I find what I want :)

best regards,

Ingebret

The postal service should inform you about and give you the right form to use when you send it. Be sure to ask them and make sure it is correctly filled out and all that, if not the package will get stopped at customs in norway, and it takes time to get it out of there :). I know there are some info on royalmail.com, but I have no info source for germany. But it won't be a problem as they will know at the post office what you need.