Problem with BankStick

Sonnenanbeter

Hello,

I powered up my MIDIBox SID V1 after 1 year and all sounds on the bank stick seems to be gone. The display shows the folowing message:

---------------------------

B001 Chn 1 1---

<No BankStick>

When I try to recreate the sound using JSynthLib (sound are from midibox_sid_presets_8580.patchlib) the sound transfer seems to be fine. During transfer the displays shows the sounds which are copied to the MIDIBox and their storing location. But after the process ends the display shows the above message. Stepping through the sounds (B001-B128) gives the same message (<No BankStick>).

When I remove the bank stick the MIDIBox shows the following message after start up:

A001 Chn 1 1---

Techno PWM

"Techno PWM" ist the last sound, which I tried to copy single to the MIDIBox.

So, it seems to me that the bank stick is recognized by the MIDIBox, because it shows 'B001' and not 'A001' after startup. But what can be the reason why it cannot be read or write?

Regards

Christoph

Edited by Sonnenanbeter

I had similar problem on my MB FM when the voltage was to low. So check with a multimeter if you have +5V over VD and VS.

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Without the bank stick the voltage is 5,22V. With installed bank stick it is 5,10V. So the voltage seems to be ok. Further suggestion what to check?

Regards

Christoph

Maybe take a peek inside and make sure all your connections are still firm and good. The Bankstick should still have all the info on it, It just ain't gettin' read. Make sure none of the pins are shorting against one another or a screw or something.

Maybe take a peek inside and make sure all your connections are still firm and good. The Bankstick should still have all the info on it, It just ain't gettin' read. Make sure none of the pins are shorting against one another or a screw or something.

All connections are firm and good. And there is no short-circuit. I took the MIDIBox apart and checked the connections... everything is fine. Does anybode get such a display message which shows 'B001' at the upper line and '<No BankStick>' at the lower line. Is this an _normal_ display output?

ciao

Christoph

Edited by Sonnenanbeter

That's normal if you try to change to a bankstick that is not there/not responding.

Mhhh, I try nothing. The core seems to detect the bank stick (therfore it displays B001 instead of A001), but can't acces it (<No BankStick>). How does the core detect a present bank stick? Does it format a _blank_ bank stick automatically? Can I test the bank stick in a different way?

ciao

Christoph