MB6582 baseboard question

technobreath

Hi!

With the risk of asking an incredibly stupid question:

I just got the baseboard home, and have it in front of me here at my living room table. I want to start soldering it together right away, but I can't seem to find a list on wich component goes where... I just (almost) finished my gm5x5x5s and there was this nice table in the wiki pages that told me that this component goes there and that goes there.

Is there anything similar for wilba's card? I read the wiki pages I could find on this, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Is it my excitement that blinds me or...?

Thanks for any pointers...

OK. I smack myself in the face. :poke:

This was indeed a stupid question. I found what I was looking for.

For anyone else who look for this and is as stupid as me and won't admit to it:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wilba_mb_6582_parts_list

EDIT:

I have even looked through this list before! I feel so stupid :P

EDIT Again:

The component list seems to cover everything very well, but there is one thing I dont understand. I am planning to use both sid types and I need both 9 and 12 volts for that one. I am also planning to use a self-build powersupply for the box, and I dont understand completely what components to use and not use when I'm not using a c64 power supply. Can someone point me the right way?

thanks!

Edited by technobreath

The component list seems to cover everything very well, but there is one thing I dont understand. I am planning to use both sid types and I need both 9 and 12 volts for that one. I am also planning to use a self-build powersupply for the box, and I dont understand completely what components to use and not use when I'm not using a c64 power supply. Can someone point me the right way?

Hi,

The useful headers are J1_SIDx,J2_SIDx 3pin x 8 pieces

I am planning to use a self-build power supply for the MB6582 , too. I will use a transformer ( I have it ) with the 3 separate windings and 3 separate rectifiers , stabilisiers for generating +5,+9 and +12 volts DC supplies.

Regards,

Janis

• 4 months later...

This post totally saved me. I guess I kept passing by the parts list thinking it was just an order sheet or rather a parts list without a PCB designation. I searched the forums for a few hours till I finally figured this out as well. I thought there was a comprehensive walk-through that existed somewhere else but seems like the parts list takes care of that.

Thanks =)

Hi,

Finally I made my power supply like the C64 power supply with the 2 output voltages. The +5 VDC part is realised as in the picture "5V,7,5A Regulator" with the SD1084 chip (the similar chip by another manufacturer) in TO220 case .

There are the 5 amp diode bridge and the 4700uF capacitor in my schematic input part, too.

I used the case from an old PC 200W power supply.

The MB6582 is powered like the http://www.ucapps.de...u_optimized.pdf - "PSU option B".

Regards,

Janis

LT1083.pdf

Edited by Janis1279