Armalyte sounds?

downerczx

So I've been trying to create some patches. One sound I would love to make is the arp'ed / fading sound from Armalyte. I know how to use the arpeggiator but I'm wondering how to do the "crunchy fade" bit (Sorry for lack of better descriptors). I'm guessing the LFO is involved in some way... any ideas?

(

) Edited by downerczx

Use a pulse waveform and slowly modulate the Pulsewidth with an envelope.

It's important that only a single oscillator is played, otherwise the sound will be "too fat" so that you won't notice the effect anymore.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Awesome. That worked pretty well. The only thing is it fades 'into' the crunchy bit instead of starting with it like the game does. I thought maybe if I made the attack very low on the envelope but the release long but I couldn't quite get it.

Use a pulse waveform and slowly modulate the Pulsewidth with an envelope.

It's important that only a single oscillator is played, otherwise the sound will be "too fat" so that you won't notice the effect anymore.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Awesome. That worked pretty well. The only thing is it fades 'into' the crunchy bit instead of starting with it like the game does. I thought maybe if I made the attack very low on the envelope but the release long but I couldn't quite get it.

Probably the Pulsewidth is still set to 800 in your patch

The pulsewidth has to start with a very low value (e.g. 010), and the envelope has to change it into the positive direction (which is the default behavior if you enable the ENV1->PW1 connection in the modulation matrix). This will sweep the pulsewidth from a very "thin" into the "crunchy" direction.

Best Regards, Thorsten.