looking 4 the perfect settings 4 panasonic mf

hallucinogen

hi

im looking for the perfect settings for the panasonic motorfaders in my lc and lc xt´s. for myself i have set them to 6,5V

CD: 0C - CU: 0C - Sp: 01 - AI: 01 - MF: 02

when they are moving in the middle between +3db and -50 db everything is fine :D BUT when i open a song and they should move from zero to any value greater than -20db they are not reaching the correct value - they stop ~10mm under the wanted position  >:(

thats shitty - open a song and damage your mix  :(

--anyway i really love my midibox lc´s !!---

at the moment i first have to load a "dummysong" (logic) with all faders at -5db and then open the real song without closing the dummy (close it and all faders go to zero) to get the faders to almost the right positions.

please post your setting and experiences of your panasonics !

and sorry 4 my englis©h  ;)

hallucinogen

Some short comments to the Panasonics: Steven C sent me three of his faders a week ago for testing. I will do this in one of the next days/weeks after I've finished some other stuff.

I wrote to Steve:

Btw.: first impression: the Panasonics cannot be manually moved so

precisely, so smoothly like the ALPS faders - maybe this already

explains why the MF driver needs a special adaption.

-> MIOS V1.4 will provide a special option for Panasonic faders

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ok sonic oops, halucinogen, here's the best I managed...

(change back to mios 1.2 until Thorsten finishes the new firmware 1.3 didn't work at all for me... sorry TK)

I posted my best settings once before, and I think it was this... 6.35v (I think) AI 05,(though dosen't make sense, still after a month of testing this is the best) MF 02, CD 0F, CU 0F.

Now, until you get the new firmware, use flip mode, and use encoders to set the fader levels, and switch to faders when programming automation (faders will last longer anyway! ;))

I don't recommend new users buy panasonic faders until Thorsten proves that they are ok for the LC/MC (though LO says that his work fine)

changing the resolution to 128 instead of dB reading in LC prefs may make a very slight difference (but then you don't see the dB reading)

good luck!

Guest squirrelly_dude

yes, i've seen that cartoon. i was once called "DJ Secret Squirrel" back when i was a DJ.

no. i haven't tried your settings yet. i haven't built it, but ill try your settings and get back to you.