Headphones and cue select buttons

Deadline

Hi all, a quick (ha) question - is it possible to have sound routed through a midibox setup somehow? What I'm trying to achieve is an ableton controller with clip launch buttons amongst other things (I'm trying to design an all in one device that doesn't require a mixer) and what would be great would be a way to preview what's being played on each track... I'm guessing some sort of soundcard needs to be added in? Forgive my noobness, I'm just sort of thinking out loud at the moment...

Hi.

I would take a look at the MIDIboxMixer project: http://www.midibox.o...id=midiboxmixer

This is the only MIDIbox project that handles audio (other than the MIDIbox SID/FM synths) so may give you some idea. It is basically a MIDI controllable analogue mixer.

I have no idea what the current status is so it may not be practical for your application :)

Cheers

Phil

Edited by philetaylor

• 1 month later...

Hi - sorry for the late reply! Didn't see any emails saying I had new messages... dummy :)

Thanks Phil, I'll have a look at that one - Buddha, yes there is a cue button in Ableton and I think I'll end up just mapping a button to that on the controller when it finally takes shape. I'll be using an AudioKontrol 1 which has a ton of ins and outs, so I'll probably just have the headphones plugged into that and have done with it.

thanks again!

James

I think the Audio Kontrol uses the same DACs that are found in the Audio DJ line-up of products. If so, I would continue to use that for your phones as my Audio 4 sounds amazing. I think the Audio Kontrol has a hardware mixer as well? My Audio 4 DJ does not and so if I want to monitor an input, it's subject to small delay. As a result, I don't really use it for recording, though it's a great tool for my DJing.