Stupid with computers can't figger how to compile the AOUT NG into a hex file

JRock

Hi. I downladed the toolchain. I changed the code to: #define DEFAULT_AOUT_Interface 3

I changed the application directory in the command shell and SET PATH...

I changed the MakeFile and Saved As another one.

I still can't get a .HEX file for the changes??

What Am I missing? This stuff is a strange new world for me.

Hi. I downladed the toolchain. I changed the code to: #define DEFAULT_AOUT_Interface 3

I changed the application directory in the command shell and SET PATH...

I changed the MakeFile and Saved As another one.

I still can't get a .HEX file for the changes??

What Am I missing? This stuff is a strange new world for me.

I built the MidiboxCV using a PIC core and the AOUT NG, I followed the instructions and had no problems. Not knowing what you are trying to compile the code for makes it more difficult to give the correct answer. My advice is re-read the instructions for the project and try again. Make sure you specify the correct file names, e.g. your modified makefile, at compile time.

thanks for the response. I just can't get the changed ASM file back into a Hex file.

all I'm trying to do is set the default from AOUT to AOUT NG.

I followed the directions but I don't have a hex file showing up after I use the make command in the command shell.

I've read the directions about a billion times. I feel like I'm real close. I just can't get the ASM file to convert to a HEX file

i've done that with the sid recently, also for the Aout_NG. i had to follow the instructions word by word, and it worked.

make sure you use the make command with the .hex ending, not .asm, like that: make setupblabla.hex

that was the only thing for me that didn't work at first try (tried with .asm at first)

Edited by rosch

Awesome!!! Got it!!!! I had installed MSYS incorrectly AND kept calling it MYSYS!!!

I feel totally empowered!! Now I understand what TK was talking about with the encoder assignments on the MB6582!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :frantics: :frantics:

• 4 months later...

Damn! I'm trying to recompile the setup_6581 for AOUT...

I typed in the path like it says...

It keeps coming up "make: *** No rule to make target 'setup_6581_for_AOUT_for_BGB.hex'. Stop."

:wacko:

It seems like it should work, then it doesn't... What am I doing wrong?