[FS]MIDIbox 64 project

nightsofknights

I started this project about five or six years ago but it never got finished. I don't think there's any point in continuing what i started but maybe the parts can be of some use.

-Complete AINX4

-Complete DINX4

-Complete CORE

-Buttons (some better than others)

-Pots

-Backlit LCD

How about 40 EUR + shipping for the lot? If that's too much then give me an offer.

Or pick it up in Stockholm, Sweden.

Photos attached.

post-9550-094806500 1300899323_thumb.jpg

post-9550-026626300 1300899331_thumb.jpg

post-9550-018893600 1300899341_thumb.jpg

post-9550-025608500 1300899364_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

How's your project going, I'm just curious.

Cheers,

Roel

OK, damn it! :)

You guys really want to see this finished?

I'll give myself another week and see if i can finish it. I just found the power supply today.

If it's not on the way by next week julienvoirin is first in line and then Elektruck.

I'll be back with the news!

Hi!

Pretty good actually. I wanted to get my panel ready before i reported back here but i think that might take another 5 years or so, haha.

Intitially the plan was to make a DJ type controller that would have sliders for a few channels and one across. Now i don't need that type of device any more so i decided to skip the sliders (they were just in the way) and keep it simple and make a controller i could use for synths and fx. I also decided to ditch the low quality buttons since they just didn't feel any good and were mainly annoying me.

I decided to really just get this ready with what i had and therefor i kept the original case and panel and just got them cut a bit shorter by a local carpenter for almost no money. What i ended up with is what you can see in the pictures. At first i had alot of random signals that were driving me crazy for a few hours before i found the loose connection. I redid some soldering and then ALL the problems were gone. Now it is working flawlessly!

As for the casing i cut the panel and wood myself and drilled it all the first time around. Since i removed some buttons it has a bit of a swiss cheese design. Maybe someday it will get some paint.

"Oak's nice."

post-9550-037337700 1302558228_thumb.jpg

post-9550-020947400 1302558289_thumb.jpg

post-9550-054195900 1302558295_thumb.jpg

Great to see you finished your box and you've a working machine now! Nothing better than get the thing alive yourself! "Oak's nice indeed" I wouldn't do any painting. I finished my mb64e box yesterday and it's working great. I made an Ableton Selected Track Controller and I'll post some pics and info next days.

Last week I finished a special MB64 project, see this thread:

I started midiboxing last Januari and I'm hooked, I finished some projects now and have some plans for the future.

Enjoy your machine and cheers!

Roel