Desperate!!!!!!

troek

Hi,

I have build to make a midi router

* 1 core pic based 17f452 (burnd with bootloader_v1_2b_pic18f452 and mios_v1_9g_pic18f452)

Router software midi_router_v1_1c

* 4 IIC MIDI module pic burnd with mbhp_iic_midi_v1_0c

* 1 DINX1 but not connected

After very long time to build and program (wrong interface etc.)

The note to sent via mios studio or instrument to the port in of the IIC midi module coming with very great delay back from core out poort (1 a 1,5 sec)

I have look on this forum but not found

Thanks

Edited by troek

Hi Koert,

sorry for the late reply, the simple reason is that I'm a bit puzzled about this case (but I don't want to say that I don't find this puzzle interesting! ;))

My own MIDIbox Router is running with latest MIOS, and latest released application and MBHP_IIC_MIDI firmware.

Forwarding the MIDI input of an IIC input to a MIDI output of an IIC output is a very common case at my side, e.g. if MBSEQ sends MIDI events to my MBSID and MBFM.

I'm still thinking about a test strategy which could help to find the root cause - I'm very interested in this case to improve robustness.

Btw.: the delay of 1.5 seconds probably means that the MIDI protocol is violated (a "MIDI timeout" should happen in this case)

Could you please describe, which devices you are using to test the router?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi

thnx for replying

my testing setup contains

roland rd 700sx -> iic module (input)

korg tr 61 -> iic module (input)

alesis s4 quadra -> core module (output)

when i'm playing we notice a delay which gets higher the more notes we play, and finally it stuck.

when we put te roland master keyboard on the input of the core module & the alesis on one of the ouputs of iic module whe don't notice any delay

ps -> for the white list midi interfaces on mac -> motu 828 mk3 (firewire)

regards koert

Update: how many MBHP_IIC_MIDI modules are connected to your router?

It's very important that IIC_MIDI_MAX_NUMBER (defined in iic_midi_tick.asm) matches with the number of connected modules.

This is especially important for the experiment I described above (some PIC16F88 pulled out)

If less than 4 modules are connected, and IIC_MIDI_MAX_NUMBER isn't matching, the firmware will retry MIDI transfers multiple times - this can result into delays.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thorsten,

De 4 Ri lines checked it's ok

there 4 modules connected

the IIC_MIDI_MAX_NUMBER checked the max st to four

I have the J4 and the J2 connected with ribbon cable can that and problem? if i have J4 and J2 connected with experiment cable sometimes is the delays shorter but never go way. I have a niuew cable make but ist same delay en hang up.

Regards,

Koert

The ribbon cable shouldn't cause a problem, my own modules are connected this way as well.

Could you please try the IIC MIDI Software Loopback test?

-> http://www.ucapps.de/mios/iic_midi_sw_loopback_v1c.zip

See this README.txt for details: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Ftroubleshooting%2Fiic_midi_sw_loopback%2FREADME.txt

Maybe it gives us some additional hints.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thorsten,

The loopbacktest is good, but with te same delay :pinch::( Yello Led continu after short time red led also continu with delay after last signal that sending.

But if i have the ribbon cable, J4 to J2 in the hand than is the delay much shorter. if i have to leave the ribbon cable the Delay is the same long time. Its not a broken conecting.

Best Regards,

Koert

Sounds like a pull-up isn't soldered correctly.

Could you please doublecheck that R2 and especially R12 of the core module are properly soldered?

Note that R12 is located under the PIC, and a bridge has to be added between J4 and this resistor (red cable in this snapshot: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_v3.gif)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten

thnx for helping, it's the resistor that wasn't working properly. :angry:

now it's working fine. (you deserved a beer!!!)

hope I can call again for problems ? :blush:

thnx and mzzl

Koert

Edited by troek