Value of a Core32

bonusplays

Hey I built a Core32 and had some trouble, bought another one, built it and then successfully troubleshooted the original. It works fine now but I don't need it in my SEQ any longer.

My question is what's a fair value to sell it in the parts section? Parts and PCB were about $55 I think. Is there a fair value for assembling it, say $10 USD, or should I just list it for parts value?

Thanks,

-Scott

Edited by bonusplays

Most people only charge for parts, the value of labor cannot be defined, I only make $10.00 per hour at my day job, but you may make $35.00 an hour, does that mean a core that took me two hours to build is worth $20.00 + parts, while your core is worth $70.00 + Parts? See the problem here?

Most people only charge for parts, the value of labor cannot be defined, I only make $10.00 per hour at my day job, but you may make $35.00 an hour, does that mean a core that took me two hours to build is worth $20.00 + parts, while your core is worth $70.00 + Parts? See the problem here?

Ok, if parts cost-only charging is standard practice, I'll do that. Just seems a bit strange to value an unassembled parts kit and a functioning project at the same value when they're qualitatively different. Again, not that I have a problem with that, it's a community based forum, but its just a little unusual to me.

Ok, if parts cost-only charging is standard practice, I'll do that. Just seems a bit strange to value an unassembled parts kit and a functioning project at the same value when they're qualitatively different. Again, not that I have a problem with that, it's a community based forum, but its just a little unusual to me.

There reason for that is so no one starts a "i'll build a midibox for you for $$$" business.

There reason for that is so no one starts a "i'll build a midibox for you for $$$" business.

Of course. Makes sense, though if I charged myself for labor for building my SEQ it would have cost another $4,000 or something outrageous.

I'll test the board one last time today and throw it up in the fleamarket today or tomorrow. Thanks for your help, guys.

-Scott