Trigger layer on drum tracks

monokinetic

Hi I'm playing around with programming some rhythms today and would like to check something:

My track is set to "Drum (64/2*64)" which AFAIK has 2 trigger layers. I go to the trigger select page, set R.G. to layer B. Then I press the GP button below to select this trigger layer (i.e. it starts flashing), I thought then it is possible to edit the trigger layer. But it seems that when I press Edit to make the changes I'm still on the TA:Gate layer! Is there some other way of selecting to edit all of the steps trigger B layer that I'm missing?

in

On non-drum tracks I can edit the trigger using the trigger view mode, but this seems to do nothing on drum tracks, even if in theory they have 2 triggers. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

David

you can easily do that with switching between the Trigger Layer A and B then...Trg-A is normal trigger, Trg-B is yor defined (R.G) Layer then...Trg-C is to select one of your 16 drumtracks...while ParameterLayer A is Roll use with turning the encoders (or whatever you assigned when initialized)...

Hi nuke, Thanks for the reply.

But I think I can see that my original question was not clear enough. I should also mention that I use a MBSeqV3 front panel and not the MBSeq V4 panel i.e. no trigger layer buttons....

Anyway, I have done more testing and here is the process I'm following:

Track 1 set to a normal note track (i.e. with 256 notes, 4 ParL and 8 TrgL), I can use the trgsel page (page 4) in a bookmark to select the trigger layer to be edited. No problem.

Track 2 set to a drum track, which as I mentioned in my first post, should have 2 trigger layers. But when I use the trgsel page to select a trigger layer I get only the 16 drum sounds (BD SD CH and so on). If I remember correctly, in MBSeqV3 I could use "Menu > Assign (Trigger on V4 panel)" and press the GP button below a trigger layer to switch to a trigger layer (I thought that's why it flashes?). But currently with Beta41, it seems it is not possible to edit the Trigger B layer in this way, as far as I can see.

So is there another way to select the trigger b layer on a drum track?

David

ah i see...sh** i guess no... there is no way without additional Trg-Buttons...:sad:

while selecting several triggers in note-mode is possible via the select-button, it´s not working within the drum-mode...

but i suggest hijacking your "Group" or "Track" Buttons...assign your missing buttons there plus a "Track-Select-Button" ( makes the old G/T-Buttons obsolete )...i think it´s better than building a new frontpanel...

aha OK thanks for confirming it! Interesting idea with the G/T buttons. I already have Track-Select on a bookmark :)

@TK: I know there is not many of us with the V3 panel, but it might solve this problem if the GP > Assign/Trigger page allowed you to select the trigger layer currently being edited. I have a feeling this worked at some point, because on that page you can "choose" a trigger by pressing the A to H buttons i.e. it starts flashing.

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...