Gated Sounds

Suicide Sushi

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to do some new patches for my MB6582 (and for you guys if they end up being good enough). What I really want to do is some gated sounds/pads (ie. trancegated). How would you program that? I was thinking about using the LFO's on the volume parameter. But I'm not interested in simple 8/8 gated sounds. So maybe I should use several LFO's? I know there is a "factory preset" sound that has a complex gated rhythm. So it must be possible. Any pointers? :thumbsup:

Thanks

Suicide Sushi

Haven't tried it on my sammichSID but on other synths you usually make "gated sounds" through volume changes or use the arpeggiator.

Some VSTs (Vanguard I think) have a special "trance gate" setting but that is not as common I think :)

Why not load the factory preset in the editor and have a look ?

The preset uses the wavetable sequencer to produce the gated sound.

It just toggles the filter cutoff frequency between low and high values (-> see WT 3 track)

This allows you to create nice rhythmic patterns.

You could also use two WT tracks in parallel and run them at different speeds and track lengths to create euclid-like patterns.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The preset uses the wavetable sequencer to produce the gated sound.

It just toggles the filter cutoff frequency between low and high values (-> see WT 3 track)

This allows you to create nice rhythmic patterns.

You could also use two WT tracks in parallel and run them at different speeds and track lengths to create euclid-like patterns.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey TK.

I will dig into the world of Wave Tables. Thank's :thumbsup:

Suicide Sushi