Anybody interested about MF module improvements ?

NazzTazz

Hi there,

Firstable, please excuse my poor english, I'm french and actually doing my best to be understood ;)

I run my own project (not midibox-based, its a DMX lighting desk) which uses a motorfader module. I began working on this ages ago, and the only useful documentation about how to control motorfaders was here, on ucapps.de

Ucapps.de really "pulled the trigger" and convinced me that starting my own project would be possible ; I think it's fair to give my work on motorfaders control to midibox community.

I've made several improvements, which I think could be useful for any midibox using motorfaders:

- (hardw) LM317 + its trimmer for each channel, allowing sort of "fine tuning" for each motor

- (hardw) Added capacitors on ADC inputs to improve stability

I actually didnt read mios sourcecode, maybe the following points are already ok

- (softw) Dynamic "slow pwm" band (barely based on distance) to avoid oscillations around target values

- (softw) Auto-test / Auto-detect driver type (TC4426 / TC4427 / TC4428 can be used, just put whatever you have and launch autotest)

- (softw) Dynamic "hold range" (after a fader is moved by software, no "value change message" will be sent if change < abs(target value - actual target value) + 2, preventing unwanted value changes if the faders stops near an "unstable" area)

I have to adapt my schematics and draw a new PCB to be 100% midibox-compatible, and also translate my notes to english. I use a parallel 6-bit-wide bus while midibox uses serial data, etc. That's why I ask if you are interested about this stuff, actually making all this midibox-compatible is a lot of work, I'll be glad to do it if you are interested.

Regards,

Tristan

Hi Tristan,

are your modifications based on the new MBHP_MF_V3 module, or on the old module?

->

Many improvements have been made (ok, still no separate LM317 for each motor), also firmware wise, as the PIC doesn't use the MIOS_MF drivers anymore, but an overworked version which controls the motors faster (drawback: nothing else can run in parallel anymore)

A L293D H bridge is used now, since it's cheaper and better than TC44xx

The bridges are directly connected to the PIC for faster access.

There is also support for remote calibration in MIOS Studio, each motorfader can be calibrated separately.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

I was talking about this version of the MF module: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_mf.html (v1)

Seems everything's ok with v3 :) (Separate 317's would still be awesome :P)

As far as I'm concerned, 4427's are enough to drive ALPS RSA0N. I replaced reverse diodes with some DF04M (small brige rectifier, DIP-6 package).

• 3 months later...