a big step forward

dns370

hi everyone

Long time ago (i think almost 2 years)i started with my sequencer-project first in mind and later in reality. Since so many things happend in my life i wasn´t able doing anything. SO: Today i reached a critical point, let´s say i finished my baby at the 50% level. I soldered all modules during a three-day-session.

kunstmodule.jpg

Well, the next step will be:

1.) getting the buttons and the knobs with the main-knob (LCD´s and encoders are allready there)

2.) LED (blue ones, damm i like that)

3.) a PSU

4.) SD-CARD

5.) wiring all things and testing

6.) Front-Panel

7.) Enclosure (i am not sure if should make a rack-mount unit or an external box (wood))

8.) and so on ;)

there is still a lot of work to do

as you can see on the picture, a beginners failure is obviously, all the IIC_Modules have the Midi-Ports soldered - which was a very mindless action ... i could desolder them and put them on a seperate board ... but what the heck

cheers

1x DOUT, 3x DIN

the picture is blured since i used photo-app from my mobile

by the way, from my point of view the frontpanel seems to be going a real difficult operation. Although a frontpanel-design is already on ucapps i fear that i have to make some adjustments and to measure it exactly produces goosebumps.

another thing are the LED´s ... there are many types available - blue preferred as mentioned, they have different "angles of light-emitting" and also different currents and maybe some sort of LED-clamps for fixation, the main-knob and the other sixteen knobs are very expensive compared to some parts, also spacers are needed

i have some other projects with many parts running, so it would be wisely ordering them together