Phrase mode enhancements

monokinetic

Hi, I've been experimenting with MBSeq4.54 and phrase mode. I've been having a lot of fun with it, but can see some areas that might be enhanced and one slightly strange behaviour.

1: I really like the ability to set mutes on position 1, then the selected patterns on position 2. But it seems a shame that then position 3 and onwards cant be used in phrase mode. It would be nice to be able to have phrases be the 8 Positions long. I think this could make performing songs live more interesting because then phrases become more than 1 pattern long. Even more fun would be to have the actions like mutes, jump, mixer and so on, available as actions as well. This would enable things like:

A1:Mutes, A2:Repeat 1st patterns x3, A3:Mutes, A4: Play fill x1, A5:Repeat 2nd patterns x8, A6: Jump > A1

:)

2: It seems that each time I load up the seq, the first time I hit the song button the right LCD shows something different than what I have stored on GP1. When I press GP1, or switch to any other GP then back to GP1, the correct patterns are shown on the right LCD.

Is that the expected behaviour?

3: Could phrase mode have external MIDI CC control of which of the phrases is currently playing? I'd like to use another MIDI controller to set the current phrase while on the MBSeq Mutes page. Again would make playing live with the phrase mode more flexible IMO!

David