midi cha in GPC mode

d2k

Hey...

Is it possible to change the midi channel the GPC layer sends it CC's via...? I've got round the way to include the GPC feature in logic whilst using it as a LC at the same time, however - when not on the GPC layer and turning the v-pots (in LC mode) i get CC 1 and 65 msgs still - i've filtered out everything except CC's in midi-ox...

So all i need now is to setup GPC cc's on it's own midi channel and all will be good :)

However, would it be possible to have the button that activates the GPC layer to send a midi msg of some sort at the same time when pressed? Then a switch could be made up in logic,  so a sep midi cha for gpc wudnt even be needed :)

best

Dan

Is it possible to change the midi channel the GPC layer sends it CC's via...? I've got round the way to include the GPC feature in logic whilst using it as a LC at the same time, however - when not on the GPC layer and turning the v-pots (in LC mode) i get CC 1 and 65 msgs still - i've filtered out everything except CC's in midi-ox...

So all i need now is to setup GPC cc's on it's own midi channel and all will be good  

However, would it be possible to have the button that activates the GPC layer to send a midi msg of some sort at the same time when pressed? Then a switch could be made up in logic,  so a sep midi cha for gpc wudnt even be needed  

sorry Dan, I can't answer that, but how do you get to use the GPC layer anyway??

Hi Dan,

the events which are used in GPC mode can be configured in mios_tables.inc, the strings in lc_gpc_lables.inc

Ok, and the new release of MIDIbox LC allows to send a MIDI event when entering/leaving this mode:

http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/mios_v1_3b4.syx.zip

http://www.ucapps.de/mios/midibox_lc_v1_3b.zip

This version provides also LED meters and a software controlled MIDI Tx/Rx LED.

LED digits are not supported yet, since I have to add some hardware to my box in order to test this feature (can take a while)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey TK

Awesome work :)

I dont think any further fiddling with midi-ox/midiyoke is even needed now. After trying out this new LC firmware, gpc mode seems to be working fine :D

Steve, this from io_tables.inc:

#define ID_MBLC_SWITCH_GPC      0x95      ; switch to General Purpose Controller mode (like radiobutton)
#define ID_MBLC_TOGGLE_GPC      0x96      ; like a "caps lock" key
#define ID_MBLC_HOLD_GPC            0x97      ; like a common "shift" key

Then when u enter this mode, ur v-pots turn into regular CC controllers and the jogdial allows you to go up or down the CC chain to let u control all 127 cc's from the 8 v-pots :)

Best

Dan