[fixed] sammichSID no left channel audio

toneburst

So, just installed the SIDs in my sammichSID. Unfortunately, only one of the channels seems to be working- the right one. I've tried swapping the SIDs, and it's consistently the left channel that doesn't work, from which I conclude that both SID chips are working as they should, individually. I've remelted all the joints around the socket for that SID, and the caps that are connected to the audio outputs. I've removed thew SIDs and check the ground and 5V points, as identified in the Build Guide, and both seem OK. I'm not really sure how to proceed in debugging from here. Any tips, anyone?

a|x

Did you test with the Lead engine, which does stereo output?

Because with the Multi engine or Bassline engine, you may be experiencing output constrained to one side...

If that´s not it, it is highly likely to be a problem in the audio output section...

Greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Hi Peter,

thanks for getting back to me. Turns out I made another really stupid mistake...

I was thinking the two audio sockets were two mono audio outputs. I'd forgotten that they're actually two stereo sockets, one for audio out and one for in.. doh! Dug out my Y-Lead, plugged it in, and I'm not getting audio out of both SIDs. Very silly mistake. Sorry for wasting your time...

Happy it's working now though! Time to upload some patches, I think :)

a|x