MIDIBOX Sid Editor Question

downerczx

Is it possible to play the notes in the editor somehow with a keyboard or something else while you are programming sounds (other than the "test" tone)? I am running Linux and was thinking if I somehow wrapped the program with "a2j" and could map my midi input to the midibox at the same time as the java program... but I was thinking this would mess up the transfer of data... any ideas? thanks.

For what it's worth, I have a hard time getting the editor to play nice with Ableton Live. I'm using the GM5x5x5 but, for some reason, I can't get Live and the editor to work both at the same time. I don't seem to remember having that problem on Windows XP (I'm on Windows 7 now) but who knows.

I don't think you would mess anything up if you did a software router thing, as long as you were passing the SysEx messages properly to/from the editor. Worth a short anything - I doubt you would do anything bad even if that setup didn't work (though back up your patches just in case ;) )