[B] wtb MB-6582

bbow73

Hey,

I'm recently in love with the SID sound.

I found out about the MidiboxSID, LOVED the demos, but I don't know anything about DIY electronics.

I've been a synth guy for 20 years, really want to do some chiptune music.

I'm not sure what the protocol is here, but if someone can help me I'd be more than happy to offer the appropriate compensation.

Can't wait to play the theme song to Gyruss.

Thanks

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm recently in love with the SID sound.

I found out about the MidiboxSID, LOVED the demos, but I don't know anything about DIY electronics.

I've been a synth guy for 20 years, really want to do some chiptune music.

I'm not sure what the protocol is here, but if someone can help me I'd be more than happy to offer the appropriate compensation.

Can't wait to play the theme song to Gyruss.

Thanks

Brian

Hi bbow73, I can tell you that you can learn a lot from the really excelent TK site: www.ucapps.de

From my point of view it's an extraordinary site, I learned a lot of things and working methods and tips, besides that this information helps me to do things more orderly

Best Regards

albpower2seq4sid

Congratulations on getting your hands on a MB6582 - it will be a synth, that goes down in history! :-)

You could use a standard C64 PSU - you may find some in the american market... but... they are error prone and in the worst case will fry your SIDs...

So, you could search for newly-built C64 replacement PSUs, use two external PSUs connected at the plug to build your own, or go the full path and build your own linear (best audio quality) PSU with overvoltage protection...

Here is a good (long) thread with lots of discussion, supplier links etc:

Greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Hi,

I bought the MB-6582 from Tafter T.

It looks great.

But I'm in the US, I don't have the ability to play it yet with out the right plug.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks

Hi,

It literally hadn't crossed my mind about the UK power supply not working in the US

i did a quick search of Ebay and here's a couple of options that should work!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-64-Power-Adapter-Supply-C64-C128-SX64-Tested-Working-C64C-/120855549290?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c238d556a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMMODORE-C64-64C-1541-1541II-1581-Custom-Replacement-Power-Supply-NEW-/300661417147?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4600d124bb

• 3 weeks later...

they say patience is a virtue...

I still haven't been able to use my MB-6582 yet.

I bought a power supply off ebay and it arrived broken.

Then I bought a custom one off ebay and it didn't have the right tip.

I'm bleeding time and money trying to get this thing sorted out :(

Hiya,

Can't you take the plug from the broken one and use it with the new custom made psu?

Just a thought.

cheers

Paul

no, the power output doesn't match what the C64 adapter says.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290670293230?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1008wt_944

the title says 'Commodore 64' as opposed to 'Commodore' and then the device that it is really for.

I guess I should have scrutinized the fine print, but I was overly anxious.