MB6582 SID V2 Dual Power Supply

orange_hand

Hi,

I use an external ground fault circuit interrupter but I think it's impossible that the case gets conductive. (: But you are absolutely right, if you don't exactly know what you are doing and don't trust what you have done you should better buy your psu. The picture is not a recommendation how to construct the psu. The picture is now adjusted.

If you only get 0,5 Ohms between the DC-plug (source) in the case and VCC (target)  you will loss 1V (current 2A).

I think the wire-diameter is the first part you should consider.

I am pretty sure the case is already conductive since it's metal  :rolleyes: Connecting earth to the case is something which is a nobrainer, same goes for the fuse on the mains part. But it's just our advice to keep you and your loved ones safe, as always you are welcome to ignore our advise.

For the cable loss part they invented the sense mechanism, which is on a lot of switching psu these days. The psu will compensate for any cable losses. And there is no part in the MB6582 which will need 2A.

Edited by Shuriken