Lpc17-DIN malfunction

geth

Hello everyone!

I built a lpc17 core and 2 DIN-Modules. I loaded the Midio128-Software on the core and connected one DIN-Module to the core.

Now only one connection for a button (the one between ground and D7 of the first block) of the DIN works. And when I connect this,

the core sends all 128 notes on (see atachment).

As in the DIN-Wiki, I suppose there is a problem with the latch-enable or the clock signal of the DIN's shift register.

For troubleshooting I checked the connections between the DIN's shift register and ground and 5V and the Lpcexpresso or the 20-pin IC of the core.

I tried with my second DIN-module, there I have the same problem. I checked for a unwanted connection between the latchenable and the clock line, there is none.

I ordered new ics (shift register, 16 pin and 20 pin ic), this did not solve my problem. I built a new cable, did not help either.

I suppose the problem must be in the core, but right now I don't know what I could do next. So I would be very glad if anybody knows or has ideas where or what problem I have.

Thank you in advance

geth

Midi-in_readout.txt

Edited by geth

After long hours of searching the problem systematically, I decided in an act of desperation to resolder every connection on the core and, well now its working. Yeah!

On the downside, I do not know where the mistake was (as I checked nearly all relevant connections via dmm I am still clueless).

Well, I should have bought an expensive soldering-iron from the beginning...

Greetings Geth

• 10 months later...