sammichSID encoder problem

funkyb

Hi,

I am fixing my friend's sammichSID. The bank number jumps 10 digit each time when I turn the encoder (A001 > A011 > A021 > A031 > A041 > A051 > A061 .......etc I am just wondering if it has something to do with the PIC ? The original PIC has conrupted and I am using the PIC from my MB6582 with Device ID 0. I have successfully burn the firmware and load the sound into the sammichSID. I can see each sound load in there one by one. Anyone has any idea what goes wrong? I was thinking it's the encoder problem, so I desolder the encoder and put it in my sammichSID and it works fine. The encoder seems working fine. Could it be the problem from the PIC?

Regards,

S

Edited by funkyb

Which MIOS version is installed (the version number pops up during boot)

The encoder handling got some incompatible changes with MIOS V1.9g, therefore it's mandatory to use this version.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK,

Thanks for ur reply. This PIC was purchased two years ago from Smash TV with device ID 00 . I've switch on the unit and LCD shown that it is MIOS V1.9f MidiboxSID V2 0RC38 . Did I upload the wrong firmware? Is it the bootloader problem?

Regards,

S

I guess it's because the version is old? MIOS 1.9F is an older version? I have a PIC burner here. What should I do witht the PIC? Should I erase all data in there and burn a new mios V1.9g hex file in there? I just open this hex file in the software and then upload it into the PIC with a device ID set to 00. Is that correct?

Use MIOS studio to send the hex via midi. I am pretty sure you don't need to burn the PIC. The bootloader doesn't have to be changed.

r u sure that I don't have to burn a new bootloader? It is a MIOS 1.9f, TK said I should use 1.9g . I am uploading the midibox_sid_v2_039.zip sammichSID set up hex file. May be it is not compatible with the Mios 1.9f?

Edited by funkyb

• 1 year later...

Sorry to ressurect an old topic, but that also solved the same problem on my MB-6582. The encoder was going up and down by steps of two. Yeah I have realized that I have put this project on hold for a too long time !!!

Thanks to all for this support forum. It is useful, but I had to dig quite a bit to find an answer for that one ! :P