PIC headers?

System-Zero

OK so I've quickly skimmed the all of the thread titles and didn't see anything related to this. I want to build the MB SID V2 but am having trouble finding out what PIC headers i need when buying them from smashTV? I want to use all 8 sids as i have recently received my 8th 6581. any help with pic headers would be appreciated, maybe a brief explanation of the significance of the headers.

Cheers,

I'm not sure I understand the question, but to take a stab at it:

For an 8x SID setup, you need 4x COREs and 8x SID modules. Each CORE must have a PIC with a different ID. If you click on the PIC ID Calculator on SmashTV's page (under where you would order the CORE8 kit) you can see how this works. Basically, you only need to change the SysEx ID for most normal cases, so the PIC IDs would be 0-3.

The COREs are connected using CAN with the instructions on how to do that being on ucapps.de somewhere (here is a good place to start), but the headers you need already are on the CORE8 board. I believe the header used for the CAN bus is J15, but it is a specific pin is memory serves.

All that said, if you want a solid 8x SID option, why not just go with the MB-6582 board which Smash also sells?

yeah that's what i wanted to do but it doesn't let you add a message when ordering. Hopefully they just work it out when im ordering the PCB with 4 PIC's. Also Im pretty sure we have a PIC programmer at work its just a matter of knowing wtf I'm doing with it. If it does happen to have the same ID, what will happen? and am i able to change it easily with the PIC programmer?

Hopefully they just work it out when im ordering the PCB with 4 PIC's.

Yes.... when I see an order with 4 PICs + 6582 boards I ship the PICs with 00-03 IDs, bootloader and MIOS written, tested and ready to load an app via mios studio (unless specified otherwise).

Best regards

Tim (aka SmashTV)