[GIVEAWAY] JDM module

NorthernLightX

Hello,

While cleaning up I came across a couple of old Midiboxing stuff I'm never going to use, so if you want it, you can have it :). Shipping not included by the way, but if it's not too expensive I'm sure we can work something out.

JDM PIC burner module. I've had some success burning my first PICs with it. Module is oficially obsolete. Comes with Serial cable to attach to PC. http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_jdm_expired.html

Cheers, Alex.

• 4 weeks later...

Excuse me if I come across a bit hard with this post shimoda, but you have 7 posts and all those are for aquiring PCBs and such, so you come across as (relatively) new. The JDM is not a newbie-friendly module, so my suggestion for you would be to either buy preburned PICs or build yourself a decent PIC burner. Moreover I got a PM a few days ago about the JDM, and it will go to that guy.

Cheers, Alex.

Edited by NorthernLightX

@Northern,

I do currently have lots on my building plate, and am anxious to learn. I have a couple of PIC chips that I wanted to breadboard some MIDIbox stuff with that do not have anything programmed/burned to them. This seemed like an opportunity is all. If I have misread your post then I apologize if I come across as overaffected. If not...well, I'm not sure perhaps keeping my distance from this forum would be best.

@rosch, I will look into that. I am indeed in the US.

Edited by shimoda

I do currently have lots on my building plate, and am anxious to learn. I have a couple of PIC chips that I wanted to breadboard some MIDIbox stuff with that do not have anything programmed/burned to them. This seemed like an opportunity is all. If I have misread your post then I apologize if I come across as overaffected. If not...well, I'm not sure perhaps keeping my distance from this forum would be best.

No need to keep your distance from this forum. We only try to help. Even my denying you the module is to help you in the end, because it would most probably not give you the desired result. There is a reason this module is "retired" from the Midibox "library"; it is not easy getting it to work... I'd hate it if that would curb your enthousiasm. :thumbsup:

Thanks Northern. I had a bit of a rough night last night and had figured I might have taken your post wrong. I've been lurking here longer than I have been on. Musical boxes have reinvigorated a childhood interest that began with Forrest Mimms books and an era when Radio Shack actually carried lots more electronics hobby stuff and has ended up here. I'll look into a pic programmer like what you and rosch have mentioned.

Edit: I can't find any programmer pcbs at SmashTV, if anyone has a good link, I'll keep looking but any links for reliable setups would be great.

Edited by shimoda