new samich batch help

jnaster

Is there some where with a voltage guide for what comes offfl the 16 pin LSD posts.

nothing good came off LSD, besides BSD, but that is a different story *scnr* :smile:

How did you blow the LCDs? Backlight or Logic blown? Was there some magic smoke/smell release or is there just no display?

Did you check the contrast pot?

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Oops!

Ok, disconnect the display and measure the voltage of each pin. Compare to the datasheet for the display.

Second, you will need to patch the board and set the jumper to low voltage display (if you use the display provided with the Christmas 2012 sammichSID batch). The fact that you did not patch is not the reason for smoke though. You won't get backlight to work without patching, but smoke is related to something else.

If you can take detailed photos of the front and back of your base board and specially the connection to the display, then maybe we can see what is wrong.

The reason for the extra "spots" is that the new type of display has switched the place for the backlight, so Wilba made this board with options for both types. However, one trace was missing for the B+, which is the reason you need to do the patch.

Lets hope your displays are still alive.

Your the man I wish I would of seen that some where it would of worked the first time. I only blew the lcd becouse I didnnt get any back light and then shifting it down a slot blew it so I'm taking the lcd into work see if I can chance the cap. Thanks again.I added you to my list if you ever want to trade samples shoot me a line.

Johey. Many you know. So screen works and I boot up it says. 1.9 then it says ready. But I can't find a firmware anteaters or many I'm missing what people are calling it. When I do the query thing it sends and receves midi and says is says its good on the computer. But the sid says ready like its looking for firmwear.

Boys you have bin huge help. Its up and running and I'm a happy boy. If you ever wanna trade samples I got tones. Check out my web pages see the music im into and I'm always down to calab. Www.cutandstab.com , www.mia.com check out the cut and stab page look at razor and blade you will see the stuff iv done with moog music.