Help Loaded the MIDIO128 V3 on bootloader 1.008

Hi

I am a  stupid newbie, I  loaded the lastest MIDIO128 V3 on bootloader 1.008 without upgrading the bootloader to 1.010 now Mios Studio cannot see the core. I loaded bootloader 1.008 on months ago and could connect to the core, I hadn't installed a application at that stage. 

I loaded the latest  MIDIO128 V3 it seemed to load ok it had 1 error/warning that said it was able to solve it by itself

It seemed to take a while when I was waitng for it reboot. I closed down Mios studio and restarted. Then was not able to see the core 

I have tried a jumper on J27 to disable the application, but still cannot see the core. I don't know what to do next can anyone please suggest how to upgrade the bootloader to 1.010

Thanks

Hi,

this is the fallback procedure: enable bootloader hold mode via the jumper, re-power the core, restart MIOS Studio, upload the latest bootloader update package (v1.011 meanwhile), remove the jumper, wait until the update happened (you will see some messages in the MIOS Terminal).

Thereafter you can upload MIDIO128 again

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi  Thorsten, Thanks for your prompt response.   

When I boot the core with J27 jumper stuffed, and  then start Mios studio I get this message

No response from MIOS8 or MIOS32 core!
Check MIDI IN/OUT connections
and Device ID!

I have tried querying Device ID 0 to 16.... all same error message

Then

Attempting to load mios32_bootloader_v1_011\MBHP_CORE_LPC1769\project.hex

On loading hex file I get this message

Reading project.hex

Trying to contact the core...
project.hex contains 69064 bytes (270 blocks).
Range 0x00000000-0x00010dff (69120 bytes) - PIC Bootloader (ERROR!)
ERROR: Range check failed!

I can't  contact the core,I have tried unplugging cable then tried J17 power jumper then restart power on always same result. I am wondering if the bootloader is corrupt. When I restart with J27 jumper on the red light is blinking, I don't know if this indicates bad bootloader. The error message seems to point that way.

Thanks 

Are you working under Windows? It might be required to deinstall the USB driver in the systems setup, because the OS will see a different USB configuration compared to the one which was visible during the initial install.

Alternatively you could install the new bootloader via MIDI IN1/OUT1 if you have access to a MIDI interface.

Or you could install the bootloader with the debug interface again via the LPCXpresso IDE

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten

I originally installed with the window7 usb driver, after your advice I tried accessing it with another usb driver ie, windowsXP . XP called the device miosbootloader, but when I ran Mios Studio I get the same result... same range  error . So now I will follow your advice with the debug interface.

Thanks