How to compile new HEX?

C_04

Hi

I've tried to compile new hex file for my sid synth called SiDO. Its some kind variation of sammichSID. I dont use any led, i did made my own front panel design and also PCB for this. Problem is that assignment of buttons its not accurate for my needs. I would prefer to move "menu buttton" under encoder push button and also few other mods like change encoder type (probably detended3). The problem is only what i get are errors:

src/main.inc :25:  Warning [209] Missing quote

src/main.inc :25: Error [103] Syntax error

include/asm/macros.h :188:  Error [113] Symbol not previously defined <MBSID_VERSION_STR>

*** [setup_6581.hex] Error 1

Im compiling usising this tutorial: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/windows_toolchain_quickstart

Would be some of You so kind and tell me how to do this or would do this for me?

Im not sure thats everything is set correct - so i would like do it by myself also because i would like to make few other mods in future.

There attached file with setup file.

Regards

C_04

setup_sido_sid.asm

post-13612-0-24607100-1360889818_thumb.j

Edited by C_04

Hi
Thank You very much - now it works but unfortunately my SiDO wont respond when im trying to connect via MIOS STUDIO. I have no idea whats wrong i measured all this midi path from midi cable to processor... i used 2 different midi interfaces (MIDEX 3 and ESI 8) - no success. I programmed another bootloader into different uC and nothing. One side communication works because i can upload patches to SiDO but i cant download them to Win XP. I tried it into two different PCs. Still nothing.
So now i have HEX file which cant be uploaded - thats irony;)
Regards
C_04
P.S. Configuring hex file was easier than i expected!!!
P.S.2. Whats the specials? > ;; if != 0, special variations for sammichSID hardware will be selected

Edited by C_04

No, core part is not changed yet. Firstly i designed new panel board with registers, buttons etc (partly in SMT - only caps and switches are not SMT). Second board is rather card - memory card. It has 8 chips which are 6 SMT and 2 DIP (No.7 and 8 [ensemble]) - it helps when i want fast remove bank because they both are mounted in sockets. Funny thing is that i already programmed uC previously. Maybe reason is that there now conneted these 2 boards+display.

Anyway it would be little silly when uploading works only in naked core board.

All Best

Edited by C_04

If you are using the original core, then there is a high probability (to be exact: 50%) to swap the MIDI OUT pins!

Could it be that MBSID is going to format the banksticks?
You've to wait until this initialisation procedure has been finished, it can take several minutes (and if your SIDs are already working: you will hear some bleeps... - and if the LCD is already working: it will show messages).

Another question: do you get an upload request message (displayed in MIOS Studio) after power-on?

Third question: did you already measure voltages to ensure that there is no power issue with the additional components?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Connections - checked there is not any swap - in fact its impossible because i have soldered DINs to these small plugs with direction lock. So i cant put it wrong side. 

I have working system, memory card was correctly formatted and just for fun i soldered now only 4 ICs numbers 1,2,7,8 (7,8 are in sockets as i said previously). Even that i've uploaded few patches in few banks just for try it works. After power-on nothing happen. But after try to sending HEX it only reboot SiDO and nothing... unable to connect core (or wahtever its there written). I wanted just upload this new HEX with correct settings for my setup.

Yeah voltages... i will check them.

Regards

Measured voltages = 5,01V but between midi out = 0V. Between any of pins midi out to gnd - 5,01V

Looks ok

You will not belive me... it works again. I have no idea why it happens.

Edited by C_04

Another thing is that previously i had the same problems and everything works perfectly only if i remove it from enclosure. Thats ridiculous but strange things happen. And You probably right - these cheap Chinese connectors... ehhh - i have probably the same thing in my 1176 which is lying on the floor somewhere because no compression;) Thats ridiculous multiplication: compressor which not compress.

Now i think that i would know what i know now - i would design these boards much simpler without any jumpers. Now i have 3 and one side PCBs. So in fact its simplified sammichSID just maybe for try how it sounds, how it works and every other "how". Also cheap and easier for any "soldering-dummy". Problem may be SMT parts but its nothing scary. 

Best Regards and lot lot thanks.

C_04