Selfmade Core PCB and microSD Card

novski

My self designed PCB shows a strange behavior in reading the microSD memory card.

It seams to me like the USB connection is OK, because i was able to load the Bootloader and the midibox_NG app normally.

But now to configure my setup the memory seams to have a failure reading the microSD card. I have an idea that it cold be a problem with the Switch pins i didn't mention in my design (they are al to GND). 

The red pin connects to GND as soon a card is inserted. The two Blue pins close as soon the card is inserted without connecting to GND.

Did anybody ever see something similar like picture one shows?

post-10711-0-61869400-1361539584_thumb.p

post-10711-0-68064700-1361541288_thumb.p

post-10711-0-47572700-1361541606_thumb.p

post-10711-0-77894200-1361543022_thumb.j

Edited by novski

Switching ground is a bad idea - Vdd would be the better choice.

It could also be, that this was a temporal issue which is fixed now. The directory contains the artifacts from this malfunction.

I would propose to format the SD Card with the "sdcard_format" command in the MIOS Terminal.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK, first thanks for your answer. I tryed to format the sd card in MIOS 2.42 Comandline but unfortunately nothing happened. So i thaught i cold just remake the hole thing. I first connected the LPC Link and loaded the Bootloader in LPCXresso then loaded and configurated the MIOS Bootloader v1.011. So i had the "Bootloader is up to Date :-)" Screen show up on my Display. Then i Loaded the midibox_ng_v1_020 and tried to format the SDcard again. But it was the same as on my first attempt... The Display still shows "READY." but LED2 on the LPC1769 Board goes out. And nothing happens. Im not sure if that is a Hardware issue... Maybe its also a Problem with the Size of my uSD card, its 8Gb (i had that laying around, but it may have a to large memory?)

Update: After Formatting the Card trough a Cardreader in "Festplattendienstprogramm from OSX" it loaded the .NGL file successful and it works now. -So there must be something wrong in the sdcard_format procedure... 

MIOS comandline FormatSDcard.rtf

Edited by novski

I just recognized that this behavior only seams to be when i format the card with MIOS Studio.

As soon i Format it with a PC it creates the files correct. And the Mios File Browser displays them nicely as Default.NGC/NGL/BIN

Anyway i have a question to the Midibox_NG connected to a MF_NG Modul over Midi 2 on LPC1769.

I can't manage to get connection to the PIC. Witch has device ID:17 

After uploading the MF CC Test im searching since 2h for information about the Routing i may have to do. hopeless.. i don't have a clue. 

why does this command doesn't work in Mios Studio?

set router 1 SRC:USB1 off DST:OUT2 all

Unknown or invalid MIDI input port!

Edited by novski

Hm, strange that sdcard_format doesn't work... actually I would expect that it works more reliable than a PC formatted SD Card.

The correct configuration for the router would be:

set router 1 USB1 all OUT2 all

set router 2 IN2 all USB1 all

Best Regards, Thorsten.