eagle veiws

arumblack

ok, that is what seemed right top me. now, i try to find someone i know with a laser printer, but no luck so far. if i have to take it to a copy shop, i will not be able to print from eagle. i try exporting as an image then open in photoshop and try to print but i cannot get the size right. it is set at 150 dpi, i am afraid going lower will reduce quality too much? any suggestions?

I think you just need layers 16, 17, and 18 (bottom, pads, and vias).

If you know what kind of printer they have at the copy place, you could try installing the driver for that printer on your pc.  Then when you go to print, check the "Print to file" box, and take that file with you.

To print out that file at the copy place, you can copy it to the printer port in a dos prompt, eg.  "copy file lpt1:" or "copy file \\server\printer".  Or if that doesn't work, you can print it with this program - http://www.smartlister.com/Plt.htm

Kind of a hassle, but it should work...

Guest Zzzz...

You also could export it as an .eps, and then try to open it as a .pdf or in photoshop at > 600 dpi, at the copy shop, where the probably will have this acrobat reader 5.0 and photoshop....depending..on the copyshop...

Btw don't export the layer with the restricted things 49,50,51 or so...did this the first time...rather bad...

i'm going on the assumption that the copy place will not let me install anything on their computers, so i will try the .eps thing.

i know the office max uses photoshop as i have had fliers i designed printed out there b4 but i had to practically tech the moron working there to use  it.....i think we have a non chain place that may have competent employees somewhere around here so i'll check the phone book.thanks for the advice i'll give it a try and post back here if i have problems.

Guest Zzzz...

No...you should look under the CAM-processor....or so....I think it's called like that......than you can give thousands of different data-types as output...

specify the EPS

specify the place on your PC...

And it will be working...

Grtz  Erik

A Bit off-topic, but anyway:

For those who like to have their documents printed (or "printed" ;) in (more or less) portable WYSIWYG way I can recommend using (a suitable, as options vary from printer to printer: B/W or color, different max. DPI and paper sizes) postscript printer driver. You can choose print to file and from the postscript options EPS as a output format.

And maybe even more generic way is to use something like CutePDF (free from http://www.acrosoftware.com) to print to PDF. It can handle even multipage prints ;)

Samppa

well, i tried the eps but could not get it to open in photoshop or acrobat... so i took moebius's advice and used cutePDF and that works (after remembering to uncheck the boxes that shrink/expand the page to fiit your paper..). so it's off to the copy shop... that and my mouser order shipped today, so if i am lucky i can work on this some this weekend! hooray!!!

thanks to all for the help!