How to ignore incoming Patch Informations?

Melted Hugo

Hey guys,

is it possible to ignore Patch information that the MIDIbox SID receives via MIDI? In fact, whenever I try to playback music that contains instrument information, the MIDIbox also changes the instrument.

Of course, one possibility would be to remove that information, but that's not the best way at the moment (because the information is needed by another instrument that plays alongside the SID, difficult to explain). So when I start to playback a track, the patch is automatically changed to a certain value right at the beginning of the track and I have to change it back to the one I want to use.

The easiest way to achieve that would be to just have a setting where I could tell the MIDIbox to "ignore" these commands, and only to recognize the notes that are to be played.

Is that possible or do I have no choice but to remove the instrument commands from the MIDI?

Edited by Melted Hugo

Hi,

there is currently no way to change this without recompiling the firmware.

But for the case that you've already installed the toolchain: open src/sid_midi.inc, search for the "SID_MIDI_ProgramChange" label, and enter a return below this label:

SID_MIDI_ProgramChange
        return ; ignore program change handling

thereafter build a new .hex file

Best Regards, Thorsten.