Help with mbhp_4xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf

d2k

Hey...

I've got a 20x2 LCD for my SID CS and the backlight requires 4.2V. I've built a lil circuit around a LM317 to get this voltage. Now, as I'm running the unit from the C64 psu and have TK's optmised config, where can i take an appropriate VOUT and GND from this to feed the LM317 psu? Is taking the + and - from before the 2200/25 (which is 12V) a right way to go about it? Or the the + from there and GND from the +5 line?

Cheers

Dan

Edit: took the + from before the 2200/25V cap and gnd from the +5 line which gave me 17V. Fed this to the LM317 circuit and all seem fine...backlight workin...for now ;p

Guest Zzzz...

Hi...

Don't know the answer to your question, although i think the LM317 regulator could get pretty hot, while getting 17 V (and outputting 'i thought" 5V.) Am i right? if not: :-/

But what i wanted to say is that i have made a PCB schematic of this 4xSID PSU, which actually fits "ganz genau" in the C64-case. But don't know how to put for a quick view for you all inside....in this post...???

Probably I'll have to post it to Ian of the Portal....maybe... more usefull...

But then it's also possible if you have the 'trick' to your post above, to add your version to it...

I'm sorry, i couldn't help you any further, Dan...

Will follow this post.....

All the best....

Erik