Making Faderpacks

henkmeid

Hello all,

After a year looking around on this forum and making several ideas, i think i have come to my final idea. I want to make faderpacks for a Tascam DM-4800. They will be faderpacks of 8 channels. I'm thinking about using the default Midibox LC application as it will be 90% what i want. So hardware will be as follows per faderpack:

- 1x Core
    - 1x MF_NG
    - 4x DOUTX4
    - 4X DINX4

And the default LC application offer me the following per channel:
    - 1x Alps Motorfader
    - 1x Mute Button
    - 1x Solo Button
    - 1x Select Button
    - 1x Rec Button
    - 1x Mute Led
    - 1x Solo Led
    - 1x Select Led
    - 1x Rec Led
    - 12x VU Leds
    - 12x Rotary encoder ring leds
    - 1x rotary encoder

So this is exactly the default Midibox default LC application. Thought i would like a few addons/modifications:

- Can I use the MF_NG module the same way as the legacy MF Module?

- for each channel i would like a 0.96" SSD1306 OLED screen, how would i do this? And i would actually use 2, but they would show exactly the same, can i just put them parallel?

- I'm not planning on using the other stuff from the default LC application, can I just leave this out?    e.g. leave the coding the same, only not connecting the leds and switches, etc.

- How would the midibox NG fit into this picture? (Maybe a noob question, but I'm a bit confused about this).

Looking forward to your ideas folks!

Regards,

Henk

Edited by henkmeid

Hi Henk,

- Can I use the MF_NG module the same way as the legacy MF Module?

yes, it's even more flexible (and accurate) than the old approach

- for each channel i would like a 0.96" SSD1306 OLED screen, how would i do this? And i would actually use 2, but they would show exactly the same, can i just put them parallel?

Yes

You wouldn't be able to use the MIDIbox LC application with these OLEDs (unless you've some programming skills to change the source code for your purposes)

Therefore the usage of MIDIbox NG is probably a better idea

- How would the midibox NG fit into this picture? (Maybe a noob question, but I'm a bit confused about this).

much better, because it's fully customizable without source code modifications.

E.g. here the .NGC configuration which emulates a Logic Control: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fcontrollers%2Fmidibox_ng_v1%2Fcfg%2Ftemplates%2Flogictrl.ngc

Best Regards, Thorsten.