Multiple MIDI OUT instead LTC Modules

Rio

Hello,

this link/schematic http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_lpc17_output_buffers.pdf contains:

OUT 12..15 could be
used to duplicate signals
Replace connection to Vss (Ground) by connection to any LPC17 IO
E.g. you need multiple MIDI OUT3? Just connect A3..A0 to J5B:A7

So it is possible to connect multiple MIDI-OUT instead of using a lot of LTC-Modules anymore (for space-saving inside the case)? Or does it mean that LED output can be multiple only?

Greets, rio

Edited by Rio

hey,

you mean, i don't need extra LTC modules for that case?

I have 4 IIC Modules.  In my current box (V3), I have used 4 IIC + 2 addional LTC Modules to duplicate IIC Port 3 + 4. Now I have also 2 more LTC boards, but it looks it could be very close inside my case ;) - so yes i am interessted how to optimize my box maybe with left out LTCs, but with 4 duplicated MIDI-OUT Ports.

greets, rio

Edited by Rio

I'm not really familiar with the LTC module sorry, and I mis-spoke when I said MIDI thru before, of course you would be just duplicating the ports.

It seems as if the serial functionality of the LTC module is not really useful any more. As far as I know you can use the buffer/level shifter IC to do this duplication.

Hope that helps,

Rio,

If you would like to add 2 midi outs:

• the buffer is not strictly necessary, I've built 2 SEQ's (V4 and V4L) with MIDI3 in/out and MIDI4 in/out, driving the outs directly from the Core.
  • If MIDI OUT3 and OUT4 is all you want to add, then 4 of 220R and connectors is all you need.