mush

modulation generators (LFO, ADSR)

3 posts in this topic

Hey!

I m new in this forum, so i will have more questions than answers, sorry about that.

I was looking for modulation generators (LFO, ADSR) generated by a chip and i found on various forums people suggesting to use midiboxSID to do so.

I spent some time to read ucapps (i m already a bit familiar to this because i built a midibox with few encoders mounted inside a midi keyboard) and treads on this forum.

My project is to control analog modules like VCOs, VCFs, VCAs (which i already own) via modulators generated by the midiboxSID.

I don't need all options offered by this great project! (i heard about people stealing the idea and selling it, what a shame...)

So, i have a few questions :

- are the envelops and LFOs generated by the SID chip or by the Core module?

- how precise they are? (bits, hz) i want to avoid digital artifacts like steps and weird unwanted noises...

- how far is it possible to adjust the frequency of LFOs and differents times of ADSR?

- is there a midiboxSID V3 running on mios32 and LPC17? (and where is it?)

- do i need the C64 SID chip to make it work or not? will i have to change the code a lot?

- does the Core module has DACs to output the LFOs and ADSRs? or do i need to use the  AOUT Module?

- how many of them can i run on a single chip?

i have a lot of other things to ask but i thinks that's quite a good start!!

thanks in advance for your futures answers...

wish you a good day or night from France!! (BTW, sorry for my poor english)

MIDIbox CV 2 might become a better solution, because it is made exactly for this purpose: controlling analog synths with some digital modulators at a very high resolution and very high update rate.

See also:

This app is still only used by insiders, the documentation can only be found in this thread (no official project yet)

And the biggest drawback: currently it can only be controlled from an iPad; a CS is planned, but not implemented yet.

The official project will probably recommend a http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_core_stm32f4.html board (also in progress), because the additional DSP capabilities might be advantageous, and the Audio output could also be helpful for whatever future features ;)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thx a lot for the very quick response.

so the best thing for me to do is to wait that you come up with THE solution!!

that sound easy...

im not in a hurry , so ill keep an eye on it...

thx again!!